Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Puppy Surprise Fake?? Added Pics!  (Read 6960 times)

Offline sammigurl

Puppy Surprise Fake?? Added Pics!
« on: Wednesday 22 October 2014, 01:08 am »
Hello I'm new. I need some help identifying one of my favorite toys from my childhood. Its a lot like Hasbro Puppy Surprise toy. I'm almost curtain it came from the early to mid 90s. It seems like I have had it forever. Thanks so much for any help.

Sorry I didn't add the pictures earlier but it wouldn't load from my phone.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 22 October 2014, 07:47 am by sammigurl »

Offline Mysstica

Re: Puppy Surprise Fake?? Added Pics!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 October 2014, 11:31 pm »
Do the puppies go into a pouch in the mom's tummy, too? Are there any tags on anything?

Offline sammigurl

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 November 2014, 07:01 pm »
Yes the Puppis go in her tummy and are held in by a Velcro strips. Sadly the tags are worn and unreadable.

Offline farmgirl8705

« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 January 2015, 05:43 am »
Me and my sister have the cat version of this. I have been trying to find the name too but could never find anything. I asked on here too and they said Kitty Surprise and I don't believe that's what they are called but I could be wrong. I think I looked for tags too but they were also worn so I couldn't get the name of them either.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 20 February 2018, 02:09 am by farmgirl8705 »

Offline sammigurl

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 30 September 2015, 03:12 pm »
I wa beginning to think I was the only one with this toy. I was born in 1986 but grew up with mostly 90s toys. I think maybe this was a knock off of the puppy/kitty surprise or a earlier edition of it. But I still haven't found any information on it.

Offline wingsinmoonlight

• Yesterday's Child on Ebay
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 30 September 2015, 11:56 pm »
dandee made a fakie which i have sold before. The one i had was similar to yours but the babies had terry bodies.

Tara toy also made plastic head baby fakies, but they were larger

Offline timpersock

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 13 October 2015, 12:28 pm »
Me and my sister have the cat version of this. I have been trying to find the name too but could never find anything. I asked on here too and they said Kitty Surprise and I don't believe that's what they are called but I could be wrong. I think I looked for tags too but they were also worn so I couldn't get the name of them either.

I have one of these sets as well, except mine is a fox with three fox cubs. My sister has a grey dog from the same set with three pups. They are not puppy surprise. I will have to dig mine out of storage as I think the tag is still readable. I *think* they might have been made by a company called 'Lemonwood'? I will find them and take some pictures. As soon as I saw your cat, I knew they were from the same set.