Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Gramma needs doll help  (Read 6453 times)

Offline emilysmamma

Gramma needs doll help
« on: Tuesday 04 November 2014, 11:09 pm »
I had bought this doll for my Daughter when she was a baby in 1991 and would love to get it now for my Granddaughter.. NO one knows the name of the doll or knows what Im even talking about haha.. It was a light hair doll with pjs and night hat. when the baby cries in the night, the dolls face lit up and a womans voice sang a lulliby ...  have googled and seached for 2 years and cant find it. Does ANYONE know the name of this doll ? :-(

Offline Mysstica

Re: Gramma needs doll help
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 November 2014, 12:07 am »

Offline emilysmamma

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 November 2014, 02:30 pm »
No :-( this was about a 12 inch doll .. Plastic face . I think the body was soft .. It had a lady's voice singing the lullaby ... Her face would light up when your baby would cry ..

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 November 2014, 09:32 pm »
Can you describe the face lighting up - was it a yellowish light? Was it the whole face or just the cheeks? Was it bright or just a "glow?"

Offline emilysmamma

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 06 November 2014, 05:05 pm »
The whole face and it was just a light glow ... A soft woman's voice would sing the lullaby.

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #5 on: Thursday 06 November 2014, 05:12 pm »
Always the same lullaby??

Offline emilysmamma

« Reply #6 on: Friday 07 November 2014, 12:42 am »
Yes and I think it was Brahms

Offline Mysstica

« Reply #7 on: Friday 07 November 2014, 04:21 am »
What country are you in?

Offline emilysmamma

« Reply #8 on: Saturday 08 November 2014, 04:06 pm »
I'm in Canada and I'm thinking I bought it at a consumers distributing store , but it's been closed for 20 years now

Offline Rusty

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 December 2014, 09:02 pm »
Could it have been a Glo baby? Or a Baby Glo Worm, Musical Glo Worm, ect?
I remember there being a lot of different variations of Glo Friends in the 90's. I had a Glo worm that wore a night shirt and night cap that lit up, and played music, and I also had a glo baby/glo worm baby that looked like a baby instead of a worm - I know it lit up, but I don't remember if it played music. I could be wrong, but I believe there was a glo friends Lullaby crib Night Light that my brother had as a baby (he was born in 1992)

My second thought was a puffalump baby - I remember one that had a night cap and a light up face, but I don't remember if it played a lullaby
« Last Edit: Tuesday 02 December 2014, 09:06 pm by Rusty »

Offline pirateparakeet

« Reply #10 on: Saturday 21 February 2015, 06:54 am »
I think I know what you're talking about. My little sister was born in 1993 and had this annoying baby doll that would cry, and then over the cryino you'd hear Brahm's Lullaby in "LA la Laaaaaa, la la laaaaaa, la la LA la,  la la la.." and the very end the baby would sigh and say "mah-mah"
Always looking for my little ponies!

anything