Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Vintage furniture lot.  (Read 4577 times)

Offline newbiealert

Vintage furniture lot.
« on: Thursday 02 July 2015, 11:30 pm »
Hi guys.

I recently acquired a fair sized lot of vintage doll house / miniature furniture.
I'm a collector and trader of vintage toys, but I know nothing about this genre.

Most don't have markings and the one set that does is turning nothing up when I Google it.

I'd be interested to know what I have. If it is all generic rubbish then it could save me a lot more time searching. Also, if there is anything particularly nice then it would be good to know. I have a positive ID on the Hoover

Any input is greatly appreciated, no matter how small.

I took the photos earlier today but my son is in bed now so I will add more specific details tomorrow rather than risk disturbing him.

Apologies for the photo overload.

Cheers!

Offline newbiealert

Re: Vintage furniture lot.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 July 2015, 08:38 pm »
I have the details but I get the impression this site doesn't get much footfall.
Is there another site I should be using?

Many thanks.

Offline catlover51

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 July 2015, 03:01 am »
There are some pianos close to it on here
http://www.museumofplay.org/online-collections/1/13&page=26

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 July 2015, 03:30 am »
The top three dolls are no-name celluloid penny toys from the 50s or 60s. Much of the dollhouse furniture appears to be from the 60s or 70s.

The piano reminds me of toys from the 1930s, but I could be wrong. I've never seen anything like it.

This site actually gets a fair amount of traffic, but the people on this site mostly collect toys from the 80s onward, so you may want to try an ebay group dedicated to 60s and 70s toys. Hope this helps!

Offline MsTwilight

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 July 2015, 08:22 pm »
I agree with ForeverKokiri... An ebay group or the community toy forum there may have more collectors of your items. http://community.ebay.com/t5/Toys-Hobbies/bd-p/288

Good luck!

BTW~ That piano is awesome!! It would look so cool as part of a Halloween display!