Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: *edited* Needed: Someone who owns a Wuv Luv  (Read 11944 times)

Offline Charlotte

*edited* Needed: Someone who owns a Wuv Luv
« on: Monday 03 May 2010, 07:58 pm »
EDIT: I've read the instructions now thanks to fenniferf82, but unfortunately I don't have an egg nor a baby Wuv Luv... I followed the rebirth-steps but placed a smaller sized egg from a different toy in my Wuv Luv. Unfortunately it doesn't work with this 'fake' egg :( She doesn't deliver the egg after keeping her active for over 30 minutes (which is required for a Wuv Luv series 1, I think). It may be because the size of the egg isn't correct so it doesn't put pressure on the button at the bottom of the pouch (I think that might be neccesary for the Wuv Luv to recognize she's 'pregnant' again), or there may be something else that's special about the official Wuv Luv egg and/or baby which is essential for it to work. Does anyone know what's the key factor?
What I'd like to know now is if there's a difference in the scentences the Wuv Luv says before she has delivered the egg and after... I can only get mine to say a few scentences and those sound like if she's talking to her baby. The scentences are (roughly translated from Dutch) "Time to go to bed" "You're a sweetheart" "Lalalala (melodie)" "Yay, fun!" "Well done" "Feeding-time" etc.
So, is this what she says when she has already delivered the egg (but without interacting with the baby, just by herself when you pet her) or does she also say these things when she still has to deliver the egg?

OLD POST: Can somebody help me by providing photos or scans of the instruction sheet/booklet of this toy?

I found one in a thriftstore and I'd love to know how it works exactly. There's supposed to be a 7-step program to make the Wuv Luv deliver her egg again... :o
I can't find the instructions online, maybe someone else here can or even has the instuctions themselves??
« Last Edit: Tuesday 04 May 2010, 08:46 pm by Charlotte »

Offline EmBee

Re: Needed: Intructions for 1999 Wuv Luv toy by Trendmasters
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 May 2010, 08:34 pm »
Sorry, I cannot find them either.  I've read that you need to write the company and request them by mail.  However it appears that Trendmasters closed in 2002.  The only clue I have is that Jakks Pacific, Inc. acquired their IP assets.

Good luck!
-Em
;)

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 May 2010, 10:22 pm »
A user named jenniferf82 has the instruction manual, maybe you could PM her and ask her for help? See this thread:
http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=268.0

Good luck! :)
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline Charlotte

« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 May 2010, 10:44 pm »
A user named jenniferf82 has the instruction manual, maybe you could PM her and ask her for help? See this thread:
http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=268.0

Good luck! :)

That's awesome, thanks! ;D I totally forgot to search for Wuv Luvs on this forum :-X

Offline jenniferf82

« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 May 2010, 11:48 pm »
I sent the photos, but I'll send scans of the directions next time I'm at the storage unit to get them out.

The directions to reload the baby Wuvluv are:

Step A Reloading Baby Wuvluv:
1. Press the button on Baby's back and hold for at least 5 seconds until baby says, "Oh, sleepy"
2. Put baby back in egg

Step B: Reloading baby Wuvluv into adult Wuvluv
1. Press the Reset button to turn the unit off.
2. Push the pouch release button and then open the internal pouch
3. Push the egg down into the internal pouch and close the pouch.
4. Push the Rebirth button
5. Push the reset button to turn the unit back on.

All of these buttons are recessed, the Wuvluv came with a heart pendant called "Key to My Heart" that had a pointed end that fit into those holes.

THEN, you have to play with her for an entire 5 minutes, petting her on the head and talking and so forth before she will start the rebirth process. She'll announce, here comes baby, then you have to pet her on the back of the head a bit more and eventually she gets on with the process.. lol

Hopefully that helps. AND hopefully the photo of the instructions are usable until I get scans done.

anything