Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Vintage/retro? Doll with hard face and soft body. Pics!  (Read 6580 times)

Offline kitschyjae

Vintage/retro? Doll with hard face and soft body. Pics!
« on: Wednesday 06 July 2016, 05:30 am »
Hi there, I've been wondering for a while what this toy I picked up at a second hand shop is, so I'm really glad I found this forum.

I'm guessing it's vintage because of its style (although I'm not sure as it has no tags or anything to go off), it really reminds me of something else but can't put my finger on it. It has a plastic face and plastic hands but a soft body. I have put more stuffing in it so that it stands alone because when I brought it, its body was quite empty. I'm not sure if it was originally supposed to be floppy or if it had just been squished due to lots of play. He's wearing a yellow fluffy (or was once fluffy) onesie.

Hope someone can help because I think he's really cute and has that cutesy vintage look. I want to buy some more of these toys but have no idea what to search for

« Last Edit: Thursday 07 July 2016, 08:20 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline milkypuppy

• Tinkerbell's Toybox: A Tinkerbell Cosmetic Blog
Re: Vintage/retro? Doll with hard face and soft body. Pics!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 July 2016, 05:21 pm »
While I can't help with identifying this exact doll, it's very similar to the Rushton plastic fact/soft body dolls. It's likely that it was made to look like those, and if you search that, you can find many others that look very similar.
Tinkerbell's Toybox: A Tinkerbell Cosmetic Blog

Offline kitschyjae

Re: Vintage/retro? Doll with hard face and soft body. Pics!
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 August 2016, 02:20 am »
While I can't help with identifying this exact doll, it's very similar to the Rushton plastic fact/soft body dolls. It's likely that it was made to look like those, and if you search that, you can find many others that look very similar.
Thank you so much for the help! I had a quick image search of that name and these ones look very similar. Different faces, but same style and the hands are almost identical with the creases and dimples. So whether it is a legit one or maybe just inspired by them, at least I've got somewhere to go from here. Thanks  ;D

If anyone else knows the exact name of this doll or can give any more info, I would be very please to hear :)

anything