Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Tiger help  (Read 5630 times)

Offline bilbozagins

Tiger help
« on: Friday 13 January 2017, 02:13 pm »
This tiger was bought on the Isle of white in England in 2003, Its always been a favorite childhood toy. I desperately want to find a back up, however When i was younger i always used to cut labels of things so i have no way of knowing where it came from. Its filled with a mix of beans and stuffing (wearing a bit thin)and i have a vague memory of it coming in a couple different shades of orange. Any information or advise you may have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. i have litterally looked everywhere, dont know if this is the right website but maybe youd have some advice. 

Offline bilbozagins

Re: Tiger help
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 January 2017, 02:14 pm »

Offline Dludnerad

« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 January 2017, 05:52 pm »
it looks like an early Skansen Beanie Kids toy.
They used to make lots of different animals. Now they just make bears dressed up as different animals.

Offline bilbozagins

« Reply #3 on: Friday 13 January 2017, 07:08 pm »
Thanks so much for your reply. interesting suggestion, im looking on google at the moment, seems possible as i remember that brand being about when i was younger, haven't had any luck yet but ill keep looking. any other suggestions? theirs so many beanies out there.

Offline bilbozagins

« Reply #4 on: Friday 13 January 2017, 07:14 pm »
no luck unfortunately, they only seem to do bears in costume, also they're made of quite a different material to my tiger.

Offline Dludnerad

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 15 January 2017, 05:37 pm »

It might be India the Tiger by Ty, or a fakie of India

Offline bilbozagins

« Reply #6 on: Sunday 15 January 2017, 07:07 pm »
thanks for the suggestion. yeah i did think about that as a possibility, they do look alike but im pretty confident it isnt a fake, its very good quality and i bought it first hand from a well known toy store. i also dont think its a ty, i emailed the company a few weeks ago and they couldn't identify it.  :(

Offline bilbozagins

« Reply #7 on: Monday 16 January 2017, 04:48 pm »
does anyone know of any other companies that would have been producing beanie toys back in the early 2000s/2003. maybe smaller less known companies or bigger ones which might have gone out of business?
any information would be very much appreciated. or does anyone know of a place or website that might be good for identifying specific beanies.

anything