Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Merwees  (Read 19979 times)

Offline EricaVee

Merwees
« on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 05:40 am »
Sooooo I've been wanting a page on these for a long time, but there was almost NO info out there about them. But now we have back-of-the-box pictures! Hooray. The thread:
http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=159.15
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Merwees
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 05:49 am »
Does BattySparkles have a scanner? That would produce really good images for cropping down and making a page out of. :)
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 05:58 am »
I do have a scanner. I'll try scanning it right now, but I can't guarantee it will work. Last time I used my scanner it didn't work very well..

Offline EmBee

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 06:22 am »
I have an HP, and you really have to get used to the software.  Mine automatically edits the lighting settings, and I have to set them to 0.

-Em
;)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 06:24 am »
ok. I figured out how to scan. I have an HP scanner. The problem is that everything comes out really washed out. Any help?

ps
Here is the close up I took of the sets with adjusted lighting afterward. Would a scanner do much better than this? The picture really isn't very large on the box..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/battycollector/4578050320/sizes/o/
« Last Edit: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 06:29 am by BattySparkles »

Offline EmBee

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 06:30 am »
Hmm yeah, if you see different editing options, make sure they're all turned off/set to 0.  And color should be on "auto" or something.  Maybe the contrast is set really low.  Regardless, at least you've got great pictures so far anyway!!

But sometimes I don't always get the best results, and I have to use Photoshop to get them to look like the real thing.
-Em
;)

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 06:38 am »
I have an HP scanner and I always end up using my computer's scan program instead of the HP one. It's too confusing--saves everything as the wrong format, in the wrong place, and makes my computer run really slowly. :o If you're having issues you might try that.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)

Offline EmBee

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 07:04 am »
@EricaVee

Like a Windows program that helps you scan?  Or something you got free with your computer?  Something you've downloaded?

-Em
;)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 10:57 am »
Alright. I have tried lots of times and I cannot get it to come out very good at all. I can try to have my brother help me next time he comes over, but I don't think it will be able to produce a better picture than the one I took with the camera..

Offline zuse

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 02:46 pm »
Aww. Yeah, scanners can be tricky.

I have a HP printer/scanner as well. Basically... pretty much never load the software package they come with. Just go to the website, find your device model, and only download the bare minimum basic driver(s) you need so that your computer will recognize the device. Then open the program "Windows Fax and Scan" or a Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro program. With the drivers installed your computer will recognize the scanner and those programs are much more useful for scanning images.

Granted, that would involved messing around with your scanner and I guess if you don't know what you're doing could make things worse. :P I wish you luck!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EmBee

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 07:30 pm »
Ooh okay, that makes much sense.  The only thing I really like about the HP software is being able to change the scanning resolution to very large med etc.

-Em
;)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 11:17 pm »
Yeah, but when I set it to scan it with a large resolution it screws up every time. Even if I leave it alone and let it be the only program running..

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #12 on: Thursday 06 May 2010, 06:48 am »

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #13 on: Thursday 06 May 2010, 05:21 pm »
Yes Em, like "Camera and Scanner Wizard" on Windows, can't remember what I use on my Mac since I haven't scanned anything in a while.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)

Offline zuse

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 30 August 2011, 01:01 am »
Pictures of a set that sold recently:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380365166061