Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Bonus Jewelry (Books/VHS/Toys)  (Read 23017 times)

Offline Ianua

Re: Bonus Jewelry (Books/VHS/Toys)
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 13 July 2010, 09:59 pm »
Do you have a picture?

Offline Bren41882

« Reply #16 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 01:24 am »
NOt movies but Books

I had a Book called Angels Watching Over Me By:Laureene McDaneil that came with a gold angel charm(actually it looked like a little cherub)

And I had a childrens edition of Black Beauty that came with a gold horse charm

I still have both pendants but not the books
"Death does not stop true love, all it can do is delay it for awhile."-Westley in The Princess Bride

Offline MercurialMonster

« Reply #17 on: Saturday 25 September 2010, 08:46 am »
Do you have a picture?

Are you talking about a picture of the version of Firefly that came with the video tape, Firefly's Adventure (originally called Rescue at Midnight Castle)?   Here is one I found a picture of on Ebay (hope the seller doesn't mind).

Offline EmBee

« Reply #18 on: Monday 27 September 2010, 09:05 pm »
;)

Offline catlover51

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 29 September 2010, 01:22 am »
I still have the tape and the pony pictured that came with it. I also have the plush and the other version  of Firefly. :)

Offline catlover51

« Reply #20 on: Sunday 10 October 2010, 02:29 am »
The new Frog Princess and Tinker Bell movies have toys or something with them also a mail away thing. Santa Paws also has a charm but I'm looking at a booklet so I'm not sure if it comes with or is mail away.

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #21 on: Thursday 30 December 2010, 09:07 pm »
Yeah I still have that Indian that came with the Indian in the Cupboard movie and the movie case that turned into a cupboard too. I don't have the key anymore I think it broke from being bent one too many times. I remember when they brought those Shirley Temple movies out to video and DVD and they came with a necklace and I read that they were recalled because they had lead in them. My sister always wanted to own A Little Princess when she was younger because it came with the locket necklace. I remember when the Pokemon movies came out and they put special cards in them. I have one from the third movie with a weird disc that changes pictures when you move it. I also got a bonus card with one of the videos from the Pokemon series its a sort of action card.

Offline Ianua

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 26 January 2011, 10:58 pm »
I have the button key from Coraline :)

Offline natnolly

« Reply #23 on: Sunday 08 May 2011, 02:34 am »
This was fun to read.
I sent away for the Harriet the Spy book lamp, it was a cereal thing with the proofs of purchase. I loved it I used it all the time, it clipped to the edge of the book and had a snake cord and a sliding on off button, was so cool.

Offline pirateparakeet

« Reply #24 on: Sunday 22 May 2011, 07:00 am »
in 1989 Hasbro came out with "Secret Surprise Ponies," giant-sized MLPs with a mechanism in their back which opened up a plastic saddle when you turned a key. I think they were playing off the popularity of Keepers, but inside each pony was a piece of jewelry. I kept Stardazzle's plastic purple bracelet for YEARS. I loved that thing. Wish I still had it, because only one person on the mlparena claims to have it and no one has pictures.

Also when the prom queen sweetheart sisters came out.. they had these little tutu things around their waist and I stole it as a scrunchie. I was wearing it in my 2nd grade school picture.

I also had a book as a kid, here, I found it on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Tiny-Angel-Magic-Charm-Book/dp/1563051206/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1306043868&sr=1-1

The story was about a little girl who was (I think?) in a christmas play, and she was shy so her mother gave her this necklace and said it was her guardian angel and now she was brave enough to do it. I might be completely wrong, its been like 15 years since I've seen this book. But it came with a gold necklace and angel charm to match the girl in the story.

Always looking for my little ponies!

Offline Elby

« Reply #25 on: Saturday 09 June 2012, 10:34 pm »
I got a beanie toy of Babe the pig with the 'Babe: Pig in the City' VHS.
(can't find a picture of the exact toy on google images, but I do still have the toy!)
Keypers, 90s Puppy in my Pocket and Soft Toy enthusiast in the UK.

Offline Miss Katherine

• Misfit Clarice
« Reply #26 on: Monday 07 January 2013, 03:55 am »
I used to love VHS tapes that came with bonuses! Here's another for the list of jewelry:

In the mid-1990s, just when Disney began coming out with generic "Princess" marketing (they hadn't quite made it to using the one group of Princesses we see marketed everywhere now), there were several tapes with episodes of the Aladdin and Little Mermaid TV series packaged to specifically highlight Jasmine and Ariel and used a big "Princess" header instead of the series' logos. Each tape came in a shiny, "jeweled" box (I vaguely remember the TV commercials encouraging girls to look for the jeweled boxes) and included a jewelry bonus.

I had one Jasmine tape and at least one Ariel tape, and one had an Ariel necklace that either included a matching bracelet or had one that came with a different tape. Either way, I still have the Ariel bracelet! It's gold with a few little charms of seashells and starfish. :)

anything