Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Fluffy Surprise (Vivid Imaginations)  (Read 20286 times)

vanillascoop

Fluffy Surprise (Vivid Imaginations)
« on: Wednesday 12 May 2010, 09:59 pm »
This is, atm, the toy that I'm really into collecting.
 But they're prooving to be almost totally nonexistant  :-X
I've managed to find a pink mouse on ebay, and a pink cat and another pink mouse from someone on the MLP arena.
 I also had a purple dog as a child. So I know there's definately at least three  kinds.I've also found a pale pink dog backpack on ebay (it's currently for sale- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vivid-Imaginations-FLUFFY-SURPRISE-BACKPACK-1990s-/370378018449?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Soft_Toys_Bears&hash=item563c400e91) however I'd rather concentrate on the models.

Buuut I could do with some sleuthing help. Does anyone have any reference pics or any FS that they own themselves, that are kinds I haven't listed? I'd like to know what other types there are so I can extend my ebay searching!

And of course, if anyone has any for sale, please PM me? ;D
« Last Edit: Friday 11 March 2011, 05:55 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline mouse

Re: Fluffy Surprise
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 May 2010, 12:48 pm »
My sister had one. I'm the one that ID'd them for this site. I've seen a yellow one with babies on Ebay and my sister has purple dog one ( I think - she's just moved back in and packed her old stuff away so there's not way for me to check). I think they came as singles and also also as a mum with babies. I think attached to a card (I don't think they were under a plastic bubble or anything). Made by vivid imaginations - when you ebay search are you doing a 'vivid imaginations' search in the description? That's probably the only way you'll find them - also posting a wanted ad with a photo on the mlparena/mlptp?

vanillascoop

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 May 2010, 12:58 pm »
^ yeah, mine came with babies. they're just so small i figured the larger ones would be easier to look for.
 i try vivid imaginations, fluffy surprise, also fluffy (dog, cat, mouse, purple, pink) anything else i can think of, haha. it takes a while >.<
 and they're on my wishlist, just not had many replies in general to it.
i did actually end up searching the arena for them, which is how i bought the two i have now. someone posted about them two years ago, and luckily she still had them when I PM'ed her :)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 01 August 2010, 08:04 am »
Came across this accidently: http://giocattoli90.forumfree.it/?t=46618099

I guess they were in Italy as well?

« Last Edit: Friday 27 August 2010, 04:44 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Coma

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 01 August 2010, 09:24 pm »
I saw a few of these, all yellow, at a boot sale a couple of weeks ago. I vaguely recognised them but didn't know the name. I went back later to have another look, but they'd already sold - 20 pence each!

Offline zuse

« Last Edit: Friday 27 August 2010, 04:49 am by zuse »

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline zuse

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 31 August 2010, 05:52 am »
oh my some of the colors are really loud  to look at !  :o

Offline miss_tuneful

« Reply #8 on: Sunday 03 October 2010, 12:41 am »
I thought I'd contribute some... Hi btw, this is my first post to this Forum. Hope I'm not doing anything wrong now :P and sorry for bumping an old thread. I justfind these toys interesting :)

Anyways, this is a FluffySurprise I got as a kid. Purple squirrel, badly faded fluff

I recently got a couple more FS's, and can get pictures of them when they're at home (they're still at my parents' house). There's a white dog, like Zuse posted and a small purple thing (don't remember but I think it's a dog) and I think I have a pink cat, too.

I love these, a shame they're so hard to find! I know there are yellow ones as well. a friend I had as a kid used to have a yellow either mouse or dog (can't remember) and I'm almost certain I've seen green and orange ones, too.

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #9 on: Sunday 03 October 2010, 01:24 am »
I've never seen these before.  It's intersting that they have feathers on them!  I bet they got worn out easy.  Maybe that's why they are hard to find?

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 October 2010, 05:35 am »
Welcome to the forum miss_tuneful !!! Always great to have new people and new info on old threads. :) See you around!

Offline Wardah

« Reply #11 on: Monday 04 October 2010, 12:24 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if these get mixed in with lots for other toys. Perhaps they get mistaken for My Little Pony friends or Barbie pets by clueless sellers.

Offline funkyfifi

« Reply #12 on: Monday 04 October 2010, 02:02 pm »
Hi, I have some for sale on Ebay, if anyone is interested. Only just found this thread, or I would have put photo's on here for you :(
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fifis-Fleamarket?_rdc=1
I think they are lovely little things, but I am more into Glo Worms and Ponies x x

Offline miss_tuneful

« Reply #13 on: Thursday 21 October 2010, 10:51 am »
My other ones are finally home with me!

Purple cat. The fluff on the squirrel I posted before had this colour when I got her.

White Bunny (dog?)

and a pink/purple little mini dog.

Offline zuse

« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 October 2010, 04:05 pm »
How cute!!! :)

anything
anything