Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Rimba's Island plush (1994 Guess? Inc. and Russ Berrie)  (Read 10361 times)

Offline Eilonwe

Rimba's Island plush (1994 Guess? Inc. and Russ Berrie)
« on: Sunday 23 May 2010, 10:20 pm »
I forgot about these cuties until I spotted them in one of my plush storage bins today.

Rimba's Island was a children's educational show on TV in 1994. I caught an episode every now and then, because it was cute.

I never knew they made plushies until years later when I found Paquito in a thrift store.

Then I started searching eBay for them and eventually got lucky.

Pria and Ilana both have their hang tags. They were made in 1994 by Guess? Inc. and Russ Berrie. (They're marked both things.) All three animals have laundry tags with their names, Russ Berrie and an item number, amongst other things. Their item numbers all go in order, so there's no way of telling if any more were made.

I'd love to know if the other three characters were produced. The main character is Rimba the gorilla, so I imagine she was made. The show was named after her!  ;D Then there were Ookii the rhino and Bakari the crocodile. (Both male characters, along with Paquito. Pria and Ilana were female.)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Rimba's Island plush (1994 Guess? Inc. and Russ Berrie)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 May 2010, 10:35 pm »
I like the lion the best! I've never heard of them before?
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 23 May 2010, 10:38 pm »
I don't think the show had a huge following.  ;)

Offline pikapal

« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 May 2010, 07:03 am »
I use to watch the show with my little cousin. It use to come on during the Fox Clubhouse. I liked it because the show was so colorful.

Here's the imdb entry for it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0893204/

anything