Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: 1980's ragdoll. Please help ID  (Read 5887 times)

Offline Supermom20

1980's ragdoll. Please help ID
« on: Sunday 13 January 2019, 02:23 am »
Hi everyone.
I am desperately trying to identify the doll in the picture below. It is my childhood doll and I am trying to find and purchase one but have no idea what it is called. I've been searching for strawberry shortcake rag dolls but if you look closely, the fruit is not a strawberry, the eyes are different than most strawberry shortcake rag dolls and the hair is pink and long and she has two ponytails. This doll dates from probably between 1982 and 1987 or so. This doll has sentimental value and I hope you all can help me! Thank you in advance!

Offline twjrs

Re: 1980's ragdoll. Please help ID
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 January 2019, 07:03 pm »
~AmandA~

Romans 8:28

Offline Glitter Yolk

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 January 2019, 02:34 am »

Offline Glitter Yolk

« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 February 2019, 01:27 am »
Not quite the same, but...this doll is blond instead of pink again, and the face is much larger. However, she is available for purchase (expensive) so I figured I'd post her just in case you'd be happy with something similar.

It says she is 20" and made by the Williamsburg Doll Company.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Raggedy-Ann-Doll-21/202558644738?hash=item2f296fa202:g:S4sAAOSwZelcMg2i

You may just have to wait for one to pop up, I'd check rag doll lots and unbranded rag dolls on eBay in case one appears there.

Offline Kathleen

• Vintage toys and other treasures
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 30 March 2019, 06:53 pm »

Offline Glitter Yolk

« Reply #5 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 10:43 am »
Another one in different outfit, this time with pink hair!

It was on https://www.dealvue.com listed as bambole fragolina dolcecuore (strawberry shortcake doll) but it appears to no longer be listed. I googled bootleg strawberry shortcake rag doll to find it.

Image appears to be from ebay. I checked sold and unsold listings on ebay.it (Italian) but nothing came up. :(

anything