Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Bluebird 1995 Cinderella Castle, Defect or Knockoff?  (Read 4302 times)

Offline Katreyn

Bluebird 1995 Cinderella Castle, Defect or Knockoff?
« on: Sunday 21 April 2019, 04:57 am »
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find many active communities for vintage/90s toys, specifically Polly Pocket to ask around on this.  So I was hoping this forum might have some knowledgeable people or know something about the subject from some past posts I saw. 

So I recently did some spring cleaning and came across some of my old toys.  One of them being a Bluebird Polly Pocket toy.  The light up Cinderella Castle to be exact.

It had everything with it that I remember.  But there was always one flaw with it that I never could understand as a child.  And since I recently started looking into selling it.  I'm thinking the flaw is potentially bigger than I expected.

The castle has the Bluebird England 1995 copyright on the bottom.  Says it was made in China.

But the Prince and the two step sisters are obviously made differently.  Not the iconic Disney movie characters.  Painting is worse, and base is painted.  I can find no reference to any of the pieces really looking the way they do in any other set for sale on the internet (but there seems to be a lot of variations throughout the time period for the castle colors, etc).  So I'm thinking I ended up with a fluke set.

I don't think its necessarily a knockoff.  But maybe it being made in China makes it different from the rest.  I do recall buying this from the Disney store though, which makes it weirder.

Child me just wants to know why I got shafted on the nice looking prince figure.   ;D

Prince is in the purple outfit between Cinderella (Blue gown) and the Godmother.  Two step sisters after the Step Mother.

Image of said figures (Imgur you can see bigger photo): https://imgur.com/jv3o1Ic

Thank you for your time!
« Last Edit: Sunday 21 April 2019, 05:05 am by Katreyn »

Offline jazzmatazz

Re: Bluebird 1995 Cinderella Castle, Defect or Knockoff?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 May 2019, 06:28 pm »
Did you have any other polly type sets they could have been mixed with? They almost remind me of starcastle figures.

Offline sellybeans

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 May 2019, 06:50 am »
Hi! They are from - My Pretty Dollhouse castle by Galoob

Offline Katreyn

« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 May 2019, 08:31 am »
Thanks so much for the replies.  I definitely don't recall ever owning any other Polly Pocket stuff.  

And its definitely the Galoob set.  Wonder if they could of been manufactured in the same place considering they seem to both be a part of Mattel in that time from brief researching.  Their work is not familiar to me at all.  So something to look into.  

But looking at pictures the Galoob set looks very similar to the Bluebird castle aside from colors and the figures.  I even have the unicorn from that set too!  I was wondering where that thing came from forever.  Figured it was just a random piece I found.

At least that mystery has been solved.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: Saturday 04 May 2019, 08:37 am by Katreyn »

Offline jazzmatazz

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 May 2019, 07:34 pm »
I just found the castle today thrifiting and was looking up online and noticed the figures were the ones you had! I see someone correctly identified them though so that's exciting. :)

anything