Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [ID: My One and Only - Irwin Toy] Obscure toy line 1 - "My One and Only" (1988)  (Read 34929 times)

Offline Ned

Re: [ID: My One and Only - Irwin Toy] Obscure toy line 1 - "My One and Only" (1988)
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 06 December 2012, 10:50 pm »
Well, this is just a treat! One of the original models? What a success this thread has been. You coming on the thread has made it progress beyond my wildest dreams. I hope it brought back some memories for you. Could you write us a bit more about the experience?

Looks like this thread has become the premier source of information for the elusive "My One and Only" doll line. Might it be time to create a fan website?

Offline clifftheaviator

Re: [ID: My One and Only - Irwin Toy] Obscure toy line 1 - "My One and Only" (1988)
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 16 February 2014, 08:37 am »
I was the model/actor for all the photos(boxcover/billlboards/magazines ads etc)/commercials and personal appeareances made for the Cliff doll......not sure what they did with the actual doll......think they just used a generic
mold for all the faces...(yes they all are identical....just different hair clothes etc...) ....were designed and  mass produced in Japan based on the photos
sent over by Irwin(and to them we would all look the same facially..(no offense intended ) so thats how they eneded up) ..major flaw in the product...I was dissappointed though it "sort of" looks like me ....lol.....look me up "Michael G. Brown"  (some pics and other stufff I did on imdb.com -click on "resume".....

Offline clifftheaviator

Check Me out...(my latest stuff)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1042668/

Hope to hear back...

Cool

Offline Mysstica

*giggle* AWESOME!!! I still watch Ready or Not online to this day. :D

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
I set up an eBay watch ages ago and one finally popped up in box! And it's Cliff! :P

My One and Only / Mon Ami de Coeur

Ned Strongin Creative Services (1987) Irwin Toy Limited.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143655710292
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Ned

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 03 February 2021, 01:19 am »
I set up an eBay watch ages ago and one finally popped up in box! And it's Cliff! :P

My One and Only / Mon Ami de Coeur

Ned Strongin Creative Services (1987) Irwin Toy Limited.

OMG, no!!!

This is just so 80s, unbelievable. God, the toy manufacturers were creative in that decade. LOL - "For Young Women 8 and Up"

anything
anything