Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Hello! Bunch of toys here. [5 of 9 ID-ed]  (Read 16143 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

Hello! Bunch of toys here. [5 of 9 ID-ed]
« on: Thursday 24 June 2010, 08:54 am »
Hi *waves*

I've been going though a bunch of bins of my toys and have quite a few I can't ID. Some have markings but most don't. I'll give more info by each pic. These are in no particular order. I hope someone can help with at least a few of them ^_^

These are about 3 inches tall, big enough to grip in one hand. They have "NF Made in China" on them and then a number. The boxer has the number 1, the dalmatian has 3, and the setter has 4.

These horses stand almost 5 inches tall and are very, very flexible. The legs can bend in all directions. Only one of the red horses is marked, the rest are blank. The red horse says "Bandai 1989 China"

I had a whole bunch of these as a kid, and *I think* there was also a carousel that they fit into. This is the only one I still have. Small, less than an inch without tail. No markings.

ID: Pony Luv

These horses are small too, the bigger one stands at about 3 inches. No markings.

ID: Oh Jenny! ~ Stables Playset

I had a bunch of these too. They came in families, and they were all woodland animals; mice, bear, rabbits, etc. I'm pretty sure they wore clothing and had furniture and stuff. This guy is flocked and has movable arms and legs. About 3 inches tall (I think he's a 'son', though... the adults would be bigger)

ID: Sylvanian Families

This horse was actually my mom's, it might be too old for this forum? It's not marked at all. It's hard plastic, as is the saddle. The reigns are a metal chain.

ID: Breyer "Western Horse"

My beloved dragon <3 He has no markings. I would really love to know what he is and where he came from.

I had lots of dinosaurs, most of them I can ID, but these two I can't find. They have "D.M. Made in Hong Kong" on them. The blue one used to have a horn.

Last one! I love this little guy, he's so unique. Closed, he's the same size as a regular chicken egg. He has simply "China 1985" printed on the inside of the shell.

ID: Mostruovolo

*whew* Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: Wednesday 30 June 2010, 04:34 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline Eilonwe

Re: Hello! Bunch of toys here.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 June 2010, 12:14 pm »
The colorful pony is from the Pony Luv line and the flocked animal families are Sylvanian Families/Calico Critters. There were other similar flocked animal lines, but that one looks Sylvanian to me.

Offline EmBee

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 June 2010, 02:07 pm »
Your mom's horse with the metal reins resembles my Breyer horse Trigger.
http://www.amazon.com/Breyer-Trigger-With-Video-Traditional/dp/B00003654M

Hope it helps.
-Em
;)

Offline BlackCurtains

« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 June 2010, 12:09 am »
Thanks for the replies!

The colorful pony is from the Pony Luv line

Thank you! Is there somewhere I can learn more about them? Google is bringing back a video game and clothing lines.

and the flocked animal families are Sylvanian Families/Calico Critters. There were other similar flocked animal lines, but that one looks Sylvanian to me.

YES!! That's it! And now that I see the name it's all come back to me! I had the mouse and bear families for sure... and maybe the kitties. Aw, they're so cute! I wonder what happened to the rest of them? Hmm. Thank you so much!

Your mom's horse with the metal reins resembles my Breyer horse Trigger.

I was looking at vintage Breyer but didn't come across it. That's definitely the same mold! It's weird that it isn't marked as Breyer? I'll have to do more digging. This is a very good start, though. Thank you!
« Last Edit: Friday 25 June 2010, 12:11 am by BlackCurtains »

Offline WordFuzion

• Inner Child Eternal
« Reply #4 on: Friday 25 June 2010, 12:13 am »
A good site to check for vintage Breyers is "Pony Lagoon" (I don't have the link at hand, but I think it's a dot com.) It should be under the "Westren Horse" mold.

There is a possiblity that it's a Hartland, they used some of the same early molds. Haagen Ranker might be one to look into as well, I know they used some of the smaller Breyer molds.

Hope that helps!

<3 Mare

Looking for: SWEETIE PUPS!!!! CBC Brave Heart Lion, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Fluppy Dogs, 80's/90's Playline Barbie, Pound Puppies, Alley Kats, Beanie Babies, Kitty Kitty Kittens, Yum Yums, Rose Petal Place, Wrinkles, Popples, Large My Pet Monster and Pooch Patrol.

Offline BlackCurtains

« Reply #5 on: Friday 25 June 2010, 01:02 am »
A good site to check for vintage Breyers is "Pony Lagoon" (I don't have the link at hand, but I think it's a dot com.) It should be under the "Westren Horse" mold.

There is a possiblity that it's a Hartland, they used some of the same early molds. Haagen Ranker might be one to look into as well, I know they used some of the smaller Breyer molds.

Hope that helps!

I've just found it myself on Pony Lagoon, what timing! I had to really dig to get the name of the mold though. You're right, it's the:

"#55 Western Horse
Produced: 1954-62
Glossy, black tobiano pinto, blaze, stockings, gold bridle and breastcollar, chain reins.
Includes black saddle"

Yay! I'll have to try and clean him up a bit, maybe I can turn that yellow back to white with some effort. Thanks again for the help ^_^

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #6 on: Friday 25 June 2010, 05:12 am »
Thank you! Is there somewhere I can learn more about them? Google is bringing back a video game and clothing lines.

I don't think there's a website for Pony Luv anywhere. I remembered they were made by Tara Toys, if that helps.

Offline Blippo

« Reply #7 on: Friday 25 June 2010, 12:21 pm »
I have a bunch of those dogs from random liquidator stores. Also, cats that were of the same cheap plastic and bigger than most of the dogs. There may have been a globe on the package and something about animals from around the world, but I might be thinking of some other package since I collected any sort of toy dog figures as a child.

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #8 on: Sunday 27 June 2010, 10:56 am »

Offline BlackCurtains

« Reply #9 on: Sunday 27 June 2010, 09:17 pm »
Hi, I found your egg toy. Its a crocodile. :) Here http://www.tons-of-toys.com/tamagoras-charan-poran-egg-monsters-crocodile-crocobite_i5745

There are other kinds you can see here: http://www.tons-of-toys.com/egg-monsters_c293

AWESOME! Thank you! That's so cool that they have some for sale *squee*

Offline Melancholywings

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 June 2010, 11:08 pm »
The small brown horses (mare and foal) I believe are from the Oh! Jenny farm set made by Matchbox.

You can see them here if you scroll down:

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/leaven/tags/dollhouse/

« Last Edit: Wednesday 30 June 2010, 04:30 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline BlackCurtains

Re: Hello! Bunch of toys here. [5 of 9 ID-ed]
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 30 June 2010, 07:04 pm »
Whoa! You blew my mind!

I had completely forgotten about those toys. I had the little swimming pool and some of the other things too. I also have the little orange kitty that came with the family - she sits on my shelf! I didn't even know she was a toy... I thought she was just a knickknack I had picked up somewhere. Wow! Thank you so much for that link. So many things look familiar. I'm going to have to study the pics better and see what else I still have! Thank you!

Offline Ianua

« Reply #12 on: Thursday 01 July 2010, 07:54 pm »
They were called Oh Penny in the UK there were Tonnes of them :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 06 July 2010, 01:42 am »
all i can say is that the dino like ones look like dollar store toys that is all i can say for those i think the dogs may be dollar store stuff too.

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #14 on: Sunday 08 August 2010, 10:37 pm »
I found a Mostruovolo like toy today. it is bright green as an egg you open it up and it is a triceratops there are no markings on it although. I will add a photo to my album latter . I thought it was a cool toy I could not pass it up. 

anything
anything