Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: My Site & A hello!!  (Read 14805 times)

Offline ForgottenToy

My Site & A hello!!
« on: Sunday 18 July 2010, 11:08 pm »
Hello Collectors!

WOW. I cannot get enough of this site! This forum has answered SO many of my questions about toys I have and knew little or nothing about. I have been reading for a whole but thought I would sign up and introduce myself!

I am 24 and live in UK. I am a guy but mainly collect the more girly toys! My main collection is Sylvanian Families but also have collections of My Little Pony, Littlest Petshop, Puppy in my Pocket, Kinder Toys, Care Bears, Keypers and endless boxes of 80s and 90s toys! Much to my partners dislike they live in the wardrobes, spare room, loft and are now sneaking into the office. My Sylvanians have their own room which I plan to upload some pics of soon!

I went to a car boot sale this morning and found 3 carebears, 4 puppy surprise puppies (10pence each!), tomy 'Bring Along a Train' set and the Crystal Maze boardgame! haha

My love and obsession with nostaligia doesn't stop at toys I am crazy for 80s and 90s TV shows and cartoons!

Anyway, that is a little about me and now here is my website all about my Sylvanian collection. I hope to chat more and get to know you all and hope to post photos and info of my other toys along with some unknowns and fingers crossed I can find some info!

http://www.sylvanians.net

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: My Site & A hello!!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 July 2010, 02:24 am »
Wow, that's your site? Awesome! Great to meet you!

I don't have many Sylvanians (I pretty much don't collect the flocked toys like Sylvanians and So-Soft ponies since it's so hard to find nice ones sometimes!) But I definitely have the bug for collecting 80s and 90s toys - I can't focus on any one thing (although my "expertise" is the Littlest Pet Shop by Kenner from the 90s). I also love old cartoons and shows!

I'll be sure to bug you if I have any Sylvanians I need help identifying! ;)

Update: Oh, you used to be on the Kenner LPS forum! I thought that your site looked familiar! :)
« Last Edit: Monday 19 July 2010, 02:31 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline mouse

« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 July 2010, 03:40 am »
Hi :) I have some sylvanian families, I have like 5 buildings, lots of 'people' but not enough furniture to go 'round! My main collection is Littlest Pet Shop (kenner) but like everybody else, I have heaps of other stuff too!

I like you misty forest pages - that's such a sweet line.

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 July 2010, 08:06 am »
Welcome! Always good to have new people join our forum!

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
« Reply #4 on: Monday 19 July 2010, 09:43 am »
Hi Jacc, good to find you back again!
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline catlover51

« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 July 2010, 06:06 pm »
These are my bears. I had thought they were Sylvanians or similiar.
 I hope I'm just being silly and not finding it on your site???
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49855104@N08/4809381780/

Offline ForgottenToy

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 20 July 2010, 01:55 am »
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I love love love Littlest pet Shop. I have a few bits and pieces. I found some vintage sets for sale in my local TKMAXX about a year ago! I often find 80s/90s toys for sale in there. So exciting to buy them brand new at a sale price too!!!

Catllover, no they are not Sylvanian i'm afraid. I see them around a lot and they often get confused with Sylvanian. I don't honestly know what they are but no they are not SF. I will try and find out for you though :)

I hope to get the toys out this week and photograph them hehe can't wait. I have all my G3 ponies out at the minute . Much to my partners dismay and my 7 cats delights!!! I am selling them all :( Sad but I don't have the room for them as I did go a tad crazy and buy lots of them! My vintage ponies are safe though lol!

xxxx ::)

Offline mouse

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 20 July 2010, 01:17 pm »
You are soooooo lucky to've found sound some vintage toys from a store. That is so awesome. I've heard numerous tales from people about finding old stock but it's never happened to me *sniff*

Offline Ianua

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 20 July 2010, 10:58 pm »
Your families are so cute I love the mystic japanese ones.
My favourites were the moles in fact the only ones I kept were my boy and girl baby moles and my boy and girl baby foxes (the pointy faced ones) xxx

Offline catlover51

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 12:00 pm »
Thanks -I will move over to the unidentified threads. Really love how easy and thorough your web is btw.

Offline ForgottenToy

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 02:49 pm »
Thank you catlover, I started taking photos of my Sylvanians a few months ago but gave up due to work and busy times. I have so many more to add :( Hope to do it one day soon.

I have emailed a few Sylvanian collectors about your bears & bunnies and will let you know if I find any info.

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 09:09 pm »
Welcome to ghost of the doll. Do not worry if you do not have photos of all your toys I am still working on photographing my collection too.  ;D

Offline KrystalTips

« Reply #12 on: Friday 20 August 2010, 06:58 pm »
Wow your website is amazing! and your collection is fab i am slightly jealous of the tkmax comment though therel loads in wales but i never get luck like that lol xxx
WANTED:- Matchbox Carousel Horses, Tonka Keypers and Disney Wuzzles!

Offline apanda0622

« Reply #13 on: Saturday 28 August 2010, 02:37 am »
Love the site!  I have a few Sylvanian families and a house from my childhood.  Do you have a section about the furniture, specifically the green furniture?

anything