Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: ARG!!!!!  (Read 6349 times)

Offline Rider of the storm

ARG!!!!!
« on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 12:30 am »
I just came home and found out my cat has sprayed my toys  :'(.

The good news Bucky-o' hare and nibbler are fine the bad news crystal sunbeam may be lost I have treated her and her mane and she still smells . Is she able to be saved  or will I loose her ?

Offline EmBee

Re: ARG!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 02:20 am »
I have no idea, but I am so freaking sorry!!!

Oh my gosh.  If I know anything, vinegar can clean almost any problem.  However, since it is acidic, I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

However baking soda is supposed to be good at absorbing odors so.. yeah.  Maybe put it in a container with that (not don't scrub with it, it's abrasive!)

Good luck..
-Em
;)

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 03:14 pm »
I tried some thing called enzyme cleaner and she is ok so far but now I have to wash her mane what is the best shampoo to use on this toys mane ?

Offline apanda0622

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 03:46 pm »
What is wrong with your cats that they wold do that?

Maybe you could use Febrezze?

Offline princess_lucy

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 05:37 pm »
I'd say any shampoo but make sure you condition afterwards to avoid a crazy do!

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 08:49 pm »
thanks I think it stared when we got kittens . He was there before the kittens they are nine now and he is 14 they are all males . I wish that dumb cat would leave my stuff alone.

Offline princess_lucy

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 09:05 pm »
The only way to stop him spraying is to get him neutered, with so many males in one house they'll just be trying to claim their territory! x

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 09:18 pm »
He was fixed at six months of age and I use a spay called no mark and it is not working.

Offline princess_lucy

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 09:29 pm »
How strange! My wife works for Pets at Home I could ask her if she knows anything that might work or any other products when she gets home if you like? x

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 July 2010, 09:37 pm »
I would love that the box is changed daily and the other two are fixed as well I have no idea why he started doing this. I am going to get some baby shampoo for my horses hair and will try the baking soda remedy too thanks for the tips.

Offline mouse

« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 July 2010, 02:03 am »
I would be so sad if that happened. Another reason not to like cats  ;)

Offline ForgottenToy

« Reply #11 on: Thursday 22 July 2010, 09:58 am »
Goodness me! I am so sorry to hear that.......

I have 6 cat but it's my puppy who is naughty with toys! haha Thankfully the Sylvanian room is always locked and the other toys are all in wardrobes up high....He would have them all given half a chance!!!!!

There is a spray you can buy which to us doesn't smell at all but cats hate it and stay away. My neighbour, bless them, hate cats! So I bought them the spray as a 'sorry please don't hate me'' gift and it works....Doesn't help your problem now but maybe will prevent it happening again

Princess Lucy is right though only way to stop him is getting him done.

Offline princess_lucy

« Reply #12 on: Thursday 22 July 2010, 10:47 am »
Hey again,

The wife says it can help to clean all the flat surfaces down in your house and basically "start again" so it's no one's territory at all and it's more neutral. She said water and a tiny but of vinegar will stop it smelling to them and then try and get them all to bond (if they're not very close already), playing together and stuff. Other than that she says it's just behavioural, so if you catch them doing it tell them to stop and then when they're not doing it fuss them, so you're correcting the bad behaviour.

But yeah looks like it's water and vinegar time lol hope that helps! xxx

« Reply #13 on: Sunday 25 July 2010, 01:20 am »
thanks and the baking soda worked like a charm. Thanks I just have to wait for her to dry I had to give the toy another bath thanks for the help.

Offline lithiumkat

« Reply #14 on: Thursday 29 July 2010, 07:05 am »
Good luck. I am an avid cat lover but I would be so upset if one of my cats got my ponys by spraying. I'm glad they are fixed and don't tend to spray.