Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Flea market finds The good and the bad and the ugly  (Read 9492 times)

Offline Rider of the storm

Flea market finds The good and the bad and the ugly
« on: Sunday 25 July 2010, 10:04 pm »
I had a chance to go  to two flea markets today.  ;D

The good finds : I found four action figures two mint in the package for nine dollars. I also found a doll marked TNT for 25 cents but did not buy her .she as an out fit on I have no idea if it belongs to her or not , and she has pink hair. you can view her on my pisccsa web album.

There were two very large horse toys I passed up on . One was a  cabbage patch crimp in curl pony it was the white one in pose 1 loose but in great shape the other one was the same size but was black with white patches no pictures sorry . 

The bad : Tons of over priced modern  not vintage care bears plush . There was four vendors all had at least two plush care bears each.  Some the small size and one large care bear cousin all  with a copy right  date of 2003 . The bears had wish and sleep bear and brave heart lion as well . One was electronic had no idea if it worked or not . All were between three and five dollars. They were not in the best shape either.
There was a ton of my little pony fakes and knock-offs too in all shapes sizes and colors.

The ugly:
 A very beat up , and in poor condition  carry case for the miniature  care bears they were asking 16 dollars for it. It was in bad shape the plastic was ripped or warped in some parts and the case on the inside was missing some of the compartments too. The picture on the front of the case was starting to peel ,and warp in some places. There were no toys in the carry chase or I might have picked it up.

The other was a play set not sure which  one it was a heart with clouds on it.  The stickers were faded , and starting to peel off. The play set over all looked like it was left out in the sun for a few hours it was some what faded . I did not ask how much, nor did I open to see if the parts where their either. I passed both of them up.
« Last Edit: Monday 26 July 2010, 02:07 am by Rider of the storm »

Re: Flea market finds The good and the bad and the ugly
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 July 2010, 01:09 am »
I had one more good find I forgot to add. One of the vendors had two pound purries from 1985 in great shape. One was black and white the other a gray tabby both were in great shape but the paint on the gray tigers  eyes were almost completely worn off. I do not collect these but maybe I should have picked them up .  Neither of them had the kittens that came with them.

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 August 2010, 10:14 pm »
Finds for Aug 8th.
Good weather today so tons of vendors and toys .

The good : Everything for sale from care bears to trolls to barbie. I found a sky dancer mini I think ? It is  a white carousel bunny no doll so this one is good and bad.

A mlp from 2004 I know it is modern but I could not pass her up for two dollars I will post pictures of her latter.

I got a Mc d's care bear key ring plush for 25 cents. 

Got another action figure mip for three dollars and got a Mostruovolo like toy a fake perhaps ? for free it turns into a triceratops. The toy is neon green in color. 

The bad : Got two horses perhaps she-ra not sure they really need a bath but that is the only bad part.
Another bad one a fake care bear toy   . I had no idea what company made it was green in color the same size as a real one and a pear on its belly. I was not fooled in to thinking it was a real care bear nice try although.

The ugly : The one vendor is still trying to sell that jewel rides horse with no accessories  for five dollars and fifty cents the price went up again.

The one toy that might have been a pony lov is a fake. It is white rubber with a green main , white body, and a pink tail. 

A barbie sail boat toy the toy was in great shape but the box it was in was going to fall apart at the slightest touch so I passed on this.

Passed up : Some one had a ziplock bag full of the army ants toys both blue and orange all complete I should have picked these up though I do not collect them they were neat looking. I lost count at about 40+ barbies for sale .
« Last Edit: Monday 09 August 2010, 03:22 am by Rider of the storm »

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 August 2010, 09:52 pm »
Forgot to add a good one I found 2 cherry merry muffin miniature play sets. I do not collect these but maybe I should have picked them up just because . I doubt they will be there next week.....

anything