Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: A tale of two cheap pink stuffed animals, a cat and a bunny.  (Read 9439 times)

Offline aimeemarie

A tale of two cheap pink stuffed animals, a cat and a bunny.
« on: Wednesday 10 March 2010, 09:05 pm »
This is kind of a last-ditch effort because I know both of these stuffed animals were basically throwaways to everyone else.

First up, we have the one thing that makes my friends ask "why are you looking for that?"
She was a 10 inch (including ears) tall pink plush rabbit, with green eyes and a thing green cloth body.

This is sort of what she looks like:  (Excuse the 5-minute photoshop sketch)

What I know about her (fact):
She basically felt like a carnival toy, and may have come from the oriental trading company or packaged with some kind of sausage and cheese basket for easter.  I originally got one in 1981-1982.  I later got a second one in 1985.

What I know about her (fiction)
Her name was Francine, and apparently she was the only toy that when she finally fell apart for real my mother breathed a sigh of relief.  I loved her more than anything.

The second one is POSSIBLY by a line called "Blinkers" by possibly Remco.  She was a small pale pink and white cat with huge brown eyes.

I have no pictures. 
She was a 5 inch tall, 5 inch wide stuffed cat filled with ground walnut shells or beans to make her heavy.  Her head was about the same size as her body, and her arms and legs were little stubs that stuck out on either side.  her eyes were classic bear eyes about the size of a dime.  This style:

Any insight would be appreciated.  I've been looking for replacements for decades.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 10 March 2010, 09:07 pm by aimeemarie »

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: A tale of two cheap pink stuffed animals, a cat and a bunny.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 February 2012, 10:52 am »
I think I can almost picture your rabbit (I have seen other animal plush toys that have the furry feet/hands/heads but have fabric bodies.

Maybe your bunny was a knock-off of this 1970s Knickerbocker toy?

Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 March 2012, 03:05 am »
Ohhh, I really wish I could find your rabbit. :c She seems so special to you.

Offline iheartkatamari

• Keeper of the Fun
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 September 2012, 04:03 am »
Well say, I noticed tht a lot of plushies made by Dakin were filled with walnut shells; I'm not positive, but I wonder if, perhaps, your cat was made by Dakin?

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 September 2012, 06:14 am »
I know this isn't her, as this is a new toy, but how closely did Francine resemble this plush rabbit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOFFA-BUNNY-RABBIT-PINK-Green-Sweater-20-Plush-Stuffed-Animal-Toy-/320979359597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abbdc576d

Offline iheartkatamari

• Keeper of the Fun
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 10 February 2013, 03:51 am »
I'm not positive, but I found a kitty that looks super close to the one you mentioned. Might she be the right one, or perhaps close?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pink-Cat-Knickerbocker-Plush-Animal-Of-Distinction-Music-Box-Antique-Kitten-Doll-/160962322774?pt=Stuffed_Animals_US&hash=item257a1a2156

anything