Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Donkey Kong Country Returns for the WII  (Read 11490 times)

Offline EdenEye

Donkey Kong Country Returns for the WII
« on: Saturday 21 August 2010, 10:24 pm »
I have NEVER been so excited about a video game in my life until I found out about Donkey Kong Country Returns for the WII.

Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3 for the Super Nintendo are my favorite games of all time. I used to play them with my dad who has since passed. They are like the best platformer games ever (I also love Mario, but just slightly less), and I have great memories playing them. I get out my old game system and play all 3 all the way through when I miss my dad. :)

Anyways, I am peeing my pants in anticipation for the new game. The preview on Youtube shows the same great fun as the original games, but better graphics, new levels and new surprises.

The game should be out around November/December. Anyone else super excited???

Offline EmBee

Re: Donkey Kong Country Returns for the WII
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 August 2010, 12:51 pm »
Thanks for posting this!  I didn't know about it.  I love the old games, this looks good!  :D

-Em
;)

Offline Ianua

« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 September 2010, 10:16 pm »
I loved them tooo I was made up when they were re-released years ago for the GBA .. I was rubbish at being the swordfish :) Do you remember him Eden? I was also pants at the scrolling/moving levels xxx

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 September 2010, 03:20 am »
they did have this game for the game boy too but the copy i had went kaput

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 September 2010, 06:52 am »
@Ianua
Yes~ I remember the swordfish, I gotta pretty good but he was tricky! There was also an ostrich, rhino, snake and frog...that I can remember. Oh and remember how beautiful the music in the water levels was? Like the most beautiful and relaxing music I have ever heard in a video game!

When I was a kid I loved the rollercoster levels the best!

@Invader
I have played the GBA game and it was the same basis concept but the graphics and humor of the game just wasn't there unfortunately.

Another great game to check out is Tomba and Tomba 2 for the Playstation One. It was a one of a kind game and sooooooooo much fun! I've been trying to find another like it ever since and no luck.

Offline Ianua

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 05 September 2010, 05:01 pm »
Best ever game for the SNES IMO was secrets of mana I just loved it  ;D

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #6 on: Sunday 05 September 2010, 11:02 pm »
EdenEye i have seen the tomba  one at least a couple times but did not know what it was now i will keep an eye out for it

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 September 2010, 01:01 am »
Tomba is quite expensive on Ebay, so if you find it for less than $40 some where, pick it up!

anything
anything