Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: What is the name of this doll?  (Read 22673 times)

Offline kiddy2468

What is the name of this doll?
« on: Saturday 18 December 2010, 04:26 am »
Okay now there is one doll that my sisters and I have owned for years and I would really like to know if she has a name so here goes. She has long green hair and its kind of like string and she has a green and white striped dress and it has a kind of criss-cross pattern to it kind of like the letter x and she has a small white apron with a green leaf on it. And her features are printed on her face and she is all soft. So can anyone help me out. And no she is not from Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake,or Holly Hobbie. I saw a picture of her one time being held by sister and I asked my grandma about her and she believes that she was just a cheap doll so she might not even belong to a set.

Offline zap18

Re: What is the name of this doll?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 December 2010, 08:54 pm »
What size was she?  Was she a cloth doll?  A few more specifics would help narrow down the search ;)

Offline hime

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 December 2010, 10:07 pm »
Did she talk?

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 December 2010, 12:45 am »
are there any tags marks on her ?? saying year, manufacturer? or made in .....

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 December 2010, 07:17 pm »
Okay she was all cloth and her features were painted on her face eyes, and mouth she has a tag in her but its just one of those tags that says not to be removed until delivered to the customer. She also had a green bonnet that had the green and white striped pattern.

Offline bjnorvell

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 December 2010, 06:13 am »
The hair you said it is like string, are we talking like Raggedy Ann (Yarn) hair?

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 22 December 2010, 06:29 pm »
No it was more like string that was used for well not sewing exactly but like the yarn we used to use for making those friendship bracelets. And her bonnet was connected to her head with only her face showing and her hands had no fingers just a bump and a thumb kind of like those gloves without the fingers and just a thumb on them. And her feet had cream colored shoes and white frilly socks and they couldn't come off. I also remember seeing another doll just like ours but the dress and hair were purple in color so maybe she's part of a set.

Offline bjnorvell

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 22 December 2010, 07:27 pm »

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #8 on: Thursday 23 December 2010, 06:49 am »
No sorry that's not the doll she might not have even had a name or anything she just might have been a cheap doll from a store. I just remember the green and white striped dress and bonnet with her face sticking out and the green hair. And the apron which was small and white with a green leaf on it. She may have also had freckles on her face if that helps any.

Offline bjnorvell

« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 December 2010, 02:27 am »
Do you remember about what year you could have gotten her in?

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 December 2010, 09:06 pm »
There is a picture of my older sister holding her and she looks to be about 5 years old and that was 1989 so I'm guessing in the mid 80s.

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 December 2010, 10:34 pm »
any chance you can post the pic?

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #12 on: Monday 27 December 2010, 07:12 pm »
No because the picture is at my grandma's house and the doll is very hard to see but if I do find I will try to post a picture of her on here.

Offline mlj7973

« Reply #13 on: Sunday 09 January 2011, 01:16 am »

Offline kiddy2468

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 11 January 2011, 05:32 am »
No sorry not a Hug A Bunch doll. She might have just been a doll that had no name to her whatsoever I do remember the one doll at the garage sale that looked like ours she had a purple striped/checked dress and purple hair and a white apron with a patch that looked like it had grapes on it. Now this doll is the smae but has green leaf patch on her apron I wonder if that means anything.

anything
anything