Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: What's the story behind your Board Name and Profile Picture?  (Read 11172 times)

Offline EdenEye

What's the story behind your Board Name and Profile Picture?
« on: Thursday 03 February 2011, 08:37 am »
I am curious about the reason why people choose their board names and profile pictures. I think it would be fun to share.

My pic, it's just kooky like me.

My name came from a song (by Marilyn Manson...I was a huge fan and still am of his earlier music), and I thought it would be a beautiful name. I have been using it everywhere online for nearly 10 years! I'd change my name to Eden Eye legally, except it would break my mother's heart. :) lol

I look forward to what everyone else has to say.

Offline mouse

Re: What's the story behind your Board Name and Profile Picture?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 February 2011, 11:40 am »
I like mice more than the average person!

Offline Coma

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 February 2011, 12:41 pm »
Ah I knew that's where your name came from!

For the same reason as you, because of the Manson song, my name is supposed to be Coma White. I just had trouble registering the full name. I'd change it if a mod could do it! I'm not a former Manson fan though, still a diehard.

I also think Coma White would be an awesome Rainbow Brite character  :D

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 February 2011, 05:17 pm »
My Erica is my real first name and V is my real last initial. Boring, but it works.

My avatar is Duchess Ravewaves because she is awesome, obviously! When I started collecting and rediscovered LLL I put a little purple streak in my already-black hair in honor of her. :P
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 February 2011, 07:43 pm »
Eilonwe is an old character of mine. (No relation to Princess Eilonwy. Pronounced differently, too.) I haven't written her in years, but her name is almost always available as a username, so I've stuck with it.

My pic is Orchid from Rose Petal Place. I never cared for her as a kid, but she's my favorite of the original 6 girls now. I might change my pic soon though. RPP collecting isn't what it used to be.

ETA: There. Changed it to Dream Gazer from Moon Dreamers! She's the only one I had as a kid and I've just gotten into collecting the line.
« Last Edit: Thursday 03 February 2011, 07:47 pm by Eilonwe »

Offline KrystalTips

« Reply #5 on: Friday 04 February 2011, 12:46 am »
Mines pretty boring tbh lol. I loved the tv show krystaltips and alistaire as a child. And my first name is krysta and my middle name is louise so krystal was just a natural progression lol. Excuse spelling mistakes I'm using my iPhone and damn predictive text is making me look like a moron but it's too hard to go back and change things lol xxx

oh and my avatar is cuz I love love love the wuzzles rhinokey was
my fav but I didn't think rhinokey was a good
name for on here lol xxx
« Last Edit: Friday 04 February 2011, 12:53 am by KrystalTips »
WANTED:- Matchbox Carousel Horses, Tonka Keypers and Disney Wuzzles!

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #6 on: Friday 04 February 2011, 01:33 am »
My Name is the one I use on another site to keep things simple and my picture is one of my toys. He is about an inch high and is purple in color with a yellow gas mask on and a black radiation sign painted on him. I could not resist this guy he was 25 cents at a flea market.

Offline pikapal

« Reply #7 on: Friday 04 February 2011, 08:18 am »
I used this name because about 6 years ago I joined a pokemon forum and most of the pikachu related names were taken. Then I used it in my myspace URL and I've been using it since.

The av was an old picture I had in my photobucket account. 

Offline hime

« Reply #8 on: Friday 04 February 2011, 04:30 pm »
I don't have a pic up yet (more about being lazy is that) as for my name "Hime" is japanese it means "princess" as for why I chose it? I'm not sure (though I have enough toys for an entire kingdom lol!)

Offline zoeshouseofplush

« Reply #9 on: Friday 04 February 2011, 07:14 pm »
Well my name is even more boring i chose zoeshouseofplush because I once had a dream of owning a plushy adoption/fostering agency called house of plush and my name is zoe

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #10 on: Saturday 05 February 2011, 06:38 am »
i chose mine because i use it on a lot of other sites and i am an invader zim fan  :P

Offline Tribble79

« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 February 2011, 01:15 am »
I love and collect slugs and snails, and I "charm" them, kinda like a snake charmer  ::). My profile picture is supposed to be a troll with LLL pixie tails in her hair but I can't get it to work. I collect trolls and pixie tails.

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 February 2011, 05:26 am »
I had a childhood friend who started calling me "Angel" in the 7th grade and it sort of stuck. Ten years ago I started collecting Care Bears seriously, thus Angel Bear became my online name.

Offline Sora

• Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 February 2011, 12:46 am »
My name: It's from Sora from Digimon. I use that name whenever I can get it. It's my internet name (even when I can't get it as my username, I still think of myself as 'Sora')

Pic: A funny screenshot from MLP lol

Offline jadedoz

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 August 2011, 12:03 pm »
I chose my username Jadedoz, because my real first name is Jade and in Aussie (Australian). Some people would also say that I am rather jaded!!

anything
anything