Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Disney Popsicles & Nintendo Ice Cream Sandwiches!  (Read 16751 times)

Offline pikapal

Re: Disney Popsicles & Nintendo Ice Cream Sandwiches!
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 02 December 2012, 08:33 am »
I loved those Timon and Pumbaa bug pops. They use to gross my parents out.

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 19 December 2012, 07:52 pm »
I used to eat those Bug Pops every day -- until one day when I caught the flu. I ran to the bathroom but was too late and ended up with artificially colored orange-and-purple vomit all over the floor, which I slipped and fell in. Ugh! Never ate one again after that!

OH MAN! I actually vaguely remember those Disney Ice Pops! They sold them at a local Baskin Robbins. I think I used to either order Minnie Mouse or a Tiny Toons Buster Bar. I know I used to stare at the packaging artwork the whole time.

Offline Miss Katherine

• Misfit Clarice
« Reply #17 on: Monday 07 January 2013, 03:34 am »
I remember Tiny Toons Buster Bars - and I'm almost certain there was a Babs Bar as well. I have one particularly clear memory as a toddler of my mom buying me a Buster Bar from an ice cream stand at the mall before bringing me over to the kids' play area (which I know had a big, blue Little Tikes easel and a set of Little Tikes bowling pins!).

I definitely remember ice cream trucks offering Pokemon character bars in 1999/2000 and possibly even later. I thought it such such a neat concept that the bars were "blind-bagged," and you could get one of four or five different Pokemon in different flavors. I'm almost positive that there were a Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Koffing, and Poliwhirl (at least initially).

For the first couple of years I was at my elementary school, you could get Mickey Bars from the ice cream bin in the cafeteria to go with your lunch - yes, the exact same kind as in the Disney parks! I had only been to WDW once up to then and knew I was in heaven when I found out the school had them.  ;D

Offline pikapal

« Reply #18 on: Thursday 10 January 2013, 02:33 am »
Tiny Toons had a Rose Parade float sponsored by Baskin Robbins for 2 different parades in 1992 and 1993.

My cousin and I use to eat the pokemon ice cream. I remember I got a pikachu and my cousin got a gengar.

anything