Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: star castle fakies????  (Read 7411 times)

Offline kimbojinks

star castle fakies????
« on: Thursday 25 August 2011, 05:07 am »
I'm looking for I believe to be a star castle fakie. It's a white castle with little rubber people, as small as polly pocket. It's made in china. I'm in need of any ID information.

It was last discussed in this post: http://ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=1843.0

I think I've found the castle, but it's been repainted:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60068988@N05/6078415509/in/photostream

The pegasus figure from the first link belongs to this set.

Please help!

-kimbojinks
« Last Edit: Thursday 25 August 2011, 06:23 am by kimbojinks »

Offline Luvlee

Re: star castle fakies????
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 August 2011, 05:09 pm »
It might not be repainted. I know Spectra used an almost identical mold to make a boy castle out of the Fantasy Pony one I have and I've seen other companies do it as well.

I've been looking into blue box playsets to find exactly what some parts I have belong with and after hours of scouring the net (with your needs in mind) and stumbled upon this...not sure how or where (check ebay? sorry been at this all day/nite/day)

I'm not done ID-ing my stuff...I'll search high and low for awhile longer. Wish me luck*!*

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 August 2011, 06:33 pm »
That bottom castle is VERY recent - I just saw it in a store yesterday! It was either Rite-Aid or Walgreens... I have also seen similar sets in CVS stores. I'll be headed over that way today so I'll be able to tell you what company it is soon.

Edit: Whoops, checked there earlier and it wasn't this particular castle set... the figures are similar, though. The name of the company is "Excite." Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: Sunday 28 August 2011, 06:33 am by ForeverKokiri »

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 September 2011, 05:10 pm »
Bumping this and adding that I did find the other castle in the same place, just on a different shelf on clearance!

That particular "Dream Castle" is made by Cititoy, NOT EXCITE as I stated before.

Offline kimbojinks

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 October 2011, 06:47 am »
Ok great! I'm still looking around myself, all the figures and accessories seem right but I remember the castle to be different. It could have been a mismatched set I had.

-kimbojinks

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 23 October 2011, 05:47 am »
Family Dollar (don't know if you have those where you are) has just got the castle set in, so perhaps you should take a look for yourself if you can!

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 25 October 2011, 10:31 am »
Bumping again so that kimbojinks can see that I've added something: The new castles are also white and pink, not blue and pink. However it's still not exactly the castle that you've posted in your flickr stream.

This is closer to what you've posted, but it doesn't look like they ever made a white and blue version of it.

It's by Marx toys.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 25 October 2011, 10:40 am by ForeverKokiri »

Offline kimbojinks

« Reply #7 on: Sunday 26 February 2012, 02:19 am »
The new castles are white and pink? That sounds right the more I think about it. Is it still the same company "Marx" ?

Offline kimbojinks

« Reply #8 on: Monday 30 July 2012, 05:15 pm »
I think it's hidden adventures castle play set ,made by blue box only it was a girl version. princess and prince figures. All I can find are pics of the "boy" versions. I'm still looking for a pic of the "girl" version. Any help is most appreciated!

Offline Constance

« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 September 2013, 07:15 am »
Hello Kimbojinks!
I was looking for this castle too! My grandma gave me one when I was younger, and I LOVED that thing (so detailed and magical!) but my mom made me sell it at a garage sale a few years later. I was pretty crushed.
HOWEVER, I searched "Blue Box Castle" in eBay (over and over). They do indeed have a "boy" version and a "girl" version.
The "girl" version is called "Tiny Dreams Fairy Castle Play Set" by Blue Box. They were sold at budget stores like Dollar General and Big Lots for $9.99 evidently.
The "boy" version is indeed called "Hidden Adventures Castle Play Set" by Blue Box.
I have photos but I can't seem to figure out how to add them here (I will if someone lets me know).