Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [1 of 3 ID-ed] "Apple Tree House", "Stack A Cake" & Doll [Oct 2008]  (Read 8596 times)

Offline Ghost Of The Doll

• Administrator
    • Powder Monki
Mel emailed me these three toy descriptions with photo below:

1. ID-ed: Apple Tree House, produced by Corgi

1:"I was looking through some old photos from Christmas in 1983. I had received an "Apple Tree House". I think it's similar to the Family Tree House that Fisher Price brought out, but it's definitely not that. It has a green base, and a brown tree trunk. At the bottom of the tree trunk it has a yellow door. At the top of the tree trunk it has a yellow roof and a yellow bird sitting on top of it. To the left it has a swing and a yellow bird sitting on top of that. To the right it has a large red apple that opens up. Inside it has rooms and stairs. It has basic furniture inside. The apple tree house also came with a little plastic person with red plastic hair. Can you find any more info on this? I have searched the internet all over and can't find any mention of it at all!"

2:"That same Christmas I also received a "Matchbox" toy called "Stack A Cake". I can't find any more information on this toy anywhere either! It was a wind up toy for preschoolers and had a revolving 'floor'. You had to try and stack up the cakes before the chef, (wearing a tall blue hat) and another character (wearing pink and red) who had their arms stretched out tried to knock them over! It sounds very cute. :)"

3:"Also, I was given a baby doll in I believe the mid 80's (maybe 85 or 86?) and she had a baby powder scent. She had a bean body and plastic arms, legs and head. She had rooted hair. She came in a pink coverall I believe. I think she came with accessories. I named her Amy, but I don't know if this was possibly the name of the doll on the box? There were so many baby dolls around, but I have no idea of what brand she was or anything. Any info would be fabulous! :)"

Here's the phot Mel emailed me:

"The treehouse box is behind me and it clearly says "Apple Tree House" You can also see the 'Stack A Cake' to the left with its box behind it. Not sure if it helps at all, but I'm in Australia. Maybe they were only released here? Any help and more info would be greatly appreciated!"
Thanks, Mel

« Last Edit: Wednesday 29 June 2011, 05:19 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »
Buy retro PIN BADGES and FRIDGE MAGNETS on Powder Monki!

Offline mylittleponylover

Re: "Apple Tree House", "Stack A Cake" & Doll [Oct 2008]
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 April 2010, 07:27 pm »
hope this helps x

Offline mylittleponylover

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 April 2010, 07:47 pm »

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 April 2010, 11:43 pm »
That Apple Tree Cottage is so cute!

Offline kirby

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 April 2010, 12:38 pm »
pini pon house? possible?

Offline mouse

« Reply #5 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 03:00 pm »
pini pon house? possible?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35815869@N08/3925841299/in/faves-leoniesparnaay/ this photoi from flickr shows the same house so it looks like corgi released them under a different name

Offline nhtpirate1980

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 22 December 2010, 05:26 pm »
The photo is from Argsenic, a friend of mine who collects Lucie Village / Koeda Chan.  ;)
The French website => http://lucievillage.free.fr/

I just have received this Apple Tree House today from a friend ! My pictures :

^^
My pictures et scans albums : http://www.flickr.com/photos/nhtpirate/sets/

Offline cher26

• 80's/90's kid at heart.
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 June 2011, 12:52 am »
OMFG!!! YEY! I've been hunting for this for years, it was one of my fav toys as a kid. Anyone I've ever asked about it has had no idea what I'm talking about - They prefer to think I imagined it! Yipee, I'm going to try and hunt me one down  ;D ;D ;D ;D

xxx
I love Swift Heart Rabbit and Loyal Heart Dog.

anything