Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Animal toys from the same collection?  (Read 15876 times)

Offline Frenchmaiid

Animal toys from the same collection?
« on: Sunday 18 March 2012, 05:26 am »
I'm trying to identify a group of animal toys. They're all from the same line, I believe.
I'm trying to find a certain one: The Mouse~ <3

I had this toy as a child and he was stolen from me at Chuck E Cheese.. my mom searched for months to try and find a replacement mouse for me but it was no good. I'd really love to know if anyone happens to know who made them / what the collection was called.

I got them at Toys R Us. They came in little packages like a happy meal toy.
The bottom of the toy has "M. T. China" stamped on the bottom.

In the collection I know for sure there was:
Fish, Horse, Brown Dog, Husky, *Mouse*, Guinea Pig, Pig, Bunny, Tiger, Turtle, Elephant.. there were others but those are the only I know for sure.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/FrenchMaiid/Animals.png

I'd love and appreciate ANY help you guys can offer! It's driving me and my mom NUTS trying to remember what they could possibly be!
« Last Edit: Wednesday 31 January 2018, 08:09 am by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Animal toys from the same collection?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 March 2012, 10:58 am »
I don't have any ideas yet, but will say they are adorable! Now I want the guinea pig!

Them being sold at Toys R Us is a good sign! If they were a nice inexpensive little toy perhaps other people got them as little rewards/presents or stocking stuffers. :)

Can you narrow down the date more exactly. Were they blind-bags (mystery until you opened them or perhaps felt to know what you were getting) or did you know exactly which one you were getting each time you picked one? Are they solid plastic or squishy plastic? Can you give a better idea of scale?

I hope we can help you solve this mystery! There's nothing more satisfying than finding the answer to something that has been evading your memory for years!

These are likely by Multi-Toys Corp. This doesn't seem like their usual style (their toys aren't usually this realistic it seems), but perhaps something to search for.
« Last Edit: Monday 19 March 2012, 12:10 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Frenchmaiid

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 March 2012, 09:57 pm »
Thank you so much! I was ecstatic to see a reply so quickly to this thread!

The guinea pig is actually really adorable in person! He almost looks like a real life hamster from far away.  :)

I'll find out if the bags were clear or blind when my mom gets home. She'd remember better I'm sure since I was just little. I think they were probably blind bags.. Because when she called the stores to find a replacement they weren't really sure if they had the mouse or not.

I believe they were sold behind the check out counters for about a dollar. Something you could add to your purchases on the way out.

They're hallow inside with a hole on the bottom.. so they're a bit squeezable however they put up a little bit of a fight. (I actually tried to squeeze the husky and he popped out of my hand! Hahaha)

Pig is about 3 inches long from tail to snout and nearly 2 1/2 inches high.
Guinea pig is 2 1/2 inches long and a little under 1 1/2 inches high.
Husky is about 2 3/4 inches long and just short of 2 inches high.
I think the Husky is probably the longest *of the ones I own* however I know the horse is taller than the pig.

I'll try to find a few more of them today.. but we have a few giant storage bins of toys.
(Me and my sister spent all our money on little cheap toys at yard sales as kids! :P)
« Last Edit: Sunday 18 March 2012, 09:59 pm by Frenchmaiid »

Offline zuse

« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 March 2012, 01:32 am »
Great! The more information you can add, the better.

My other recommendation would be to make sure you subscribe to this thread with email alerts (and keep a current email associated with your account, even if you keep it private). Especially for these ones that might be a bit tougher (I don't *think* that I've found any kind of mention of them online yet?)

These posts/pictures tend to come up pretty high on Google and people register all the time - sometimes to comment on only one post. Some have even popped in to tell the person exactly what they were wanting to know - even over a year later!

Anyways, hopefully yours will be answered quickly - but don't lose hope if it isn't! You never know if 2 years from now a person who just found a bag of unopened one that wants to eBay them will find this post to help price check them. ;)

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline Frenchmaiid

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 March 2012, 04:22 am »
I talked to my mom and she *thinks* the bags were somewhat transparent.. because we don't have any doubles. I think if they were completely blind we'd have eventually gotten a double? Just our theory though.

I also wanna add I think there is an elephant or hippo in the collection. (:

Offline zuse

« Reply #5 on: Thursday 22 March 2012, 05:16 am »
For some reason the style of the eyes seems really familiar. It's hard to tell with the guinea pig one - is it the same as the other two?

Offline zombiebunny

• My blog
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 22 March 2012, 09:08 am »
This could be completely unrelated...but I had a bat toy figure which was similar in style and the same size. It came from a blind bag as far as I remeber.
It had it's wings spread and was sitting on a branch. It also had a cute face, but the paintign wasn't as detailed as yours. Are they hollow ? If yes they could have been from the same line

Offline Frenchmaiid

« Reply #7 on: Friday 23 March 2012, 03:45 am »
o_o
You know what? That sounds REALLY familiar! Do you still happen to have it?
Yes they're hollow inside!

edit: Actually now that I think about it.. I think there was a Cockatoo on a branch with berries too!
« Last Edit: Friday 23 March 2012, 03:47 am by Frenchmaiid »

Offline zombiebunny

• My blog
« Reply #8 on: Friday 23 March 2012, 12:07 pm »
Wow...I'd  never thought I would find that bat again...but there it was in a big bag with my little Ponies. And that's why I remembered it...I went through my Ponies some months ago.

Well...here are the pictures. The paint is more shiny...and it has no markings whatsoever :/

Does it look familiar? It could be a knock off of some kind, too.
I'm from Germany, but we have Toys R Us's, too...but I don't remember anything else about it or where I bought it.
I googled and searched on ebay, but I found nothing. Really mysterious  ???

Offline Frenchmaiid

« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 March 2012, 08:48 am »
The bat doesn't look familiar, no. ):
He looks a little too simple..
However the wood he's standing on might be similar to the cockatoo?
I think the cockatoo was more detailed though.

Mine are hollow with the hole on the bottom though. So they could be a knock off like you suggested?
:3

Thanks so much for finding him so quickly! It's exciting finding ANY out about this.

Offline zuse

« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 March 2012, 08:55 am »
So. Is the eye style on the guinea pig figure match the other two you posted. Kind of looking "up?"

That may be the distinctive feature for identifying this line?

Offline zombiebunny

• My blog
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 March 2012, 04:23 pm »
I'm really sorry I couldn't help and I hope you can find or more about those toys. The ones you posted look really cute and I'd love to see the others, too :)

Offline Frenchmaiid

« Reply #12 on: Sunday 25 March 2012, 11:48 pm »
So. Is the eye style on the guinea pig figure match the other two you posted. Kind of looking "up?"

That may be the distinctive feature for identifying this line?

Sorry for the delay!
The Guinea Pig isn't exactly looking up. He's making eye contact but not exactly looking up. They all have the same imprint on the bottom though. "M.T.China"  Thanks for being so helpful, Zuse.

Noo don't be sorry, Zombiebunny! You've given me hope there could be more out there somewhere! Thank you! I'll try and find some more! (:
« Last Edit: Sunday 25 March 2012, 11:52 pm by Frenchmaiid »

Offline Marc

« Reply #13 on: Sunday 01 April 2012, 06:28 pm »
I have the guinea pig an a cute white cat.  I also have been looking for the grey mouse.  My son had one about 15 years ago.  I've tried contacting Toys R US and all they could say was that they don't carry it anymore.  If anyone knows where to find a mouse, I would appreciate it.

Offline Eilonwe

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 10 April 2012, 04:39 pm »
I think I have the cockatoo. I'll go looking for him shortly.