Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Barbie/Girls matching Nightgown 1990's  (Read 9723 times)

Offline kimbojinks

Barbie/Girls matching Nightgown 1990's
« on: Wednesday 13 June 2012, 06:39 pm »
I am looking for two girls 1990's nightgowns or at least a picture/image of them.

One is a Barbie nightgown that had one for a little girl and a matching one for a Barbie doll. They came together and were around in the 90's. I remember the gowns being hot pink/peach colored with a doll on the front. It wasn't a princess type Barbie, the gown came to the knees with short sleeves. I think it came from Walmart or Target, maybe K-Mart.

The other one is Beauty and the Beast nightgown for girls. It was the same pattern as the Barbie one (short Sleeves and came down to the knees). Belle was in her blue dress with the castle off in the distance. The words "Beauty and the Beast" were in pink cursive letters. The back half of the gown was blank with no pictures and pink.

Offline marlipaige

Re: Barbie/Girls matching Nightgown 1990's
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 June 2012, 07:18 pm »
I totally had both of those. I seriously doubt I have any of them anymore. I might have the Barbie one that fit me as a child in storage...somewhere....I couldn't find any pictures...

But I'm pretty sure they came from K-Mart. Everything I owned that wasn't secondhand yard sale stuff came from K-Mart.

Offline kimbojinks

« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 06:04 pm »
« Last Edit: Monday 18 June 2012, 06:25 pm by kimbojinks »

Offline kimbojinks

« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 06:07 pm »
I found a picture, but it's not showing in my post. Anyone know why?

Offline kimbojinks

Offline skippercollector

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 27 November 2012, 01:22 am »
The nightgown shown by ohsydneyvintage has a picture of the doll known as either Home Pretty or Sweet Roses Barbie.  It's the doll that was meant to go with the Magical Mansion.

Offline pikapal

« Reply #7 on: Friday 30 November 2012, 07:21 pm »
I found this in an old Barbie merchandise pamphlet from 1993.

Offline skippercollector

« Reply #8 on: Monday 03 December 2012, 04:13 am »
The Wundies nightshirt is of Roller Blade Barbie from 1992.  It sounds like there was at least one nightgown per year featuring a doll from that year.

Offline skippercollector

another nightshirt
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 December 2012, 12:39 pm »
I bought this Barbie-sized nightgown at a garage sale last summer.  I figured out that it was My First Ballerina from 1993.

Kimbojinks:
Do you remember what year you received your nightgowns, or how old you were?  Perhaps if we knew the year you got the clothing, we could figure out what dolls were sold that same year, and figure out which of them were pictured on nightgowns from the same year.

Offline skippercollector

trying this again
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 December 2012, 12:41 pm »
This is just the link.  If the link doesn't work, you can try copying and pasting.

http://twitpic.com/biprq1

Offline skippercollector

« Reply #11 on: Saturday 12 January 2013, 02:47 pm »
Some of the 1990s Barbie booklets showed not just dolls and outfits, but also licensed merchandise, such as nightgowns.  Maybe some of you have owned these.
There was a separate licensed merchandise booklet in 1991.  Both pages of outfits are from a company called Wundies.
http://twitpic.com/bukte9
http://twitpic.com/bukuox

From the 1993 booklet (dated 1992).  Unfortunately, the manufacturer is not named.  The doll pictured in purple and white is Ice Capades Barbie.
http://twitpic.com/bukvs9

From the 1996 booklet (dated 1995).  Again, the manufacturer is not named.  The dolls pictured on the standing girl's sleeper are Flying Hero Barbie and Flying Hero Teresa.
http://twitpic.com/bukx4b

Offline pikapal

« Reply #12 on: Saturday 12 January 2013, 09:47 pm »
Some of those pamphlets came with Happy Meal Barbies in the 90s.

Offline kimbojinks

« Reply #13 on: Friday 25 January 2013, 11:05 pm »
Hey, Thanks so much to all of ya'll. I want to say the years range from 1989-1993.

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #14 on: Saturday 02 February 2013, 10:20 pm »
I have a few of the doll gowns from these (not the girls ones) but maybe they might be a match to help find the image of the little girl version?  I'll try to get them out sometime to take a picture.

anything