Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: StarCastles (Trendmasters)  (Read 82384 times)

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
StarCastles (Trendmasters)
« on: Friday 23 April 2010, 05:19 am »
There isn't much information on these, so I'd love to learn more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfEuYkDF2cA

(images from an eBay auction, a 1995 playset)
« Last Edit: Friday 11 March 2011, 05:52 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline BattySparkles

Re: Star Castles (Trendmasters)Ther
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 05:29 am »
I have a small necklace under the sea castle from the line. It's not shown in that commercial though. Sadly, I lost the mermaid to it. I could take photos of it if anyone wants to see. I also saw the same one I have on ebay moc recently but didn't have monies and it might have been overpriced. I don't remember. Anyway, I'd like to find at least the mermaid to it.

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 06:41 am »
Oooh yes, great suggestion! I had one that came with hidden jewelry, and I remember there was one that turned into a tea set. I also had a small kaleidoscope/locket necklace. Unfortunately, I don't have them with me to take pics.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 07:21 am »
I have one that looks like an under the sea castle. It has 3 castle tops with flags that come off and have bubble blower sticks in them. I have to take a picture, can't find one online. But it is made by Trendmasters.

Offline pikapal

Re: Star Castles (Trendmasters)
« Reply #5 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 07:44 am »
The page got cut into 2 parts.

Offline mouse

« Reply #6 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 10:24 am »
We had these in Australia too. My sister and I had quite a lot of them but these were all given away.

The kaleidoscope necklaces EricaVee described all came with a person figure (I remember a mermaid figure) and a pet (I remember a dragon pet). It was in the shape of a castle and has a hollowed out bit where you could put the person and pet and it had doors so they wouldn't fall out. In one of the turrents was a kaleidoscope (not with bits in - it broke up what you would normally see into different sections). I think you looked through the bottom of the castle, but it could've been vice versa. They came on a rope/string I don't know what yo'd call it - the type quite common in kid's jewellery and it had one of those snap open clasps (I think oval).

Another small playset was a carriage playset where there was a big animal (I'm thinking dragon and seahore) that pulled along a little carriage and the motion of the pulling would make the fins of the seahore/wings of the dragon move. Again it came with a person and a pet.

The main castles had keys so you could open them up and there were often little hidey-holes in them and other special things and they usually came with a peson/s and pet/s.

Offline mouse

« Reply #7 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 10:40 am »
Star castles auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1996-Trendmaster-Flower-Castle-polly-pocket-Doll-Case_W0QQitemZ160416452422QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item255990cf46

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-Vintage-Polly-Pocket-lot-103-figures-20-compacts-/190390992883?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c542ffff3

fifth picture - you can see about 7 starcastles
seventh picture - second row there is a starcastle mermaid toward the end, third row is a starcastle princess figure
ninth picture - the blue seahore is starcastle (probably the pet of the blue themed mermaid) Some of the horses are likely starcastle horses.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Polly-Pockets-Castle-TrendmastersInc-1996-Made-China-/260587389753?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cac380339
I had this one :)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #8 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 10:52 am »
Mine is the undersea one mouse described.
The first one mouse linked looks really really familiar And so does the little caterpillar in the large lot. Now I think I might have had that one too. I also remember having a large undersea castle, but I'm still not sure if it was one of these or not.

Offline mouse

« Reply #9 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 11:04 am »
I was just thinking about a large undersea playset my sister had and wondering if it was starcastles and I'm pretty sure it was - it's just the size of it (in my mind) that makes it seem iffy. It actually had a removeable 'tank' you could fill up with water to put the people in. Is that anything like what you're thinking of? Unsuprisingly, it had a blue theme.

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #11 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 11:14 am »
I don't remember any tank. I remember it was really glittery like these. I'm pretty sure it must have been one of these. It's not the one they show in the video though. It must have been the size of the tea pot one. The turrets were like swirly seashells. I don't remember specific colors, but it was pastels.
I took pics of my small necklace one. You look through the bottom and the crystal on top creates the kaleidoscope you two were talking about. I hope I can find the mermaid and seahorse (you said these small ones came with an animal, right?)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #12 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 11:19 am »
it looks like some of these could be some.. not much help, but it's one of my favorite pictures ever!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23965366@N06/4348506965/in/set-72157605693241665/

Offline mouse

« Reply #13 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 12:26 pm »
I think some of those castles definantly belong to that line. That person has some great photos - I love this one http://www.flickr.com/photos/23965366@N06/4381405885/in/set-72157605693241665/ I would love to have all of those little things! I have a doll house which I want to do up and put stuff in. I would like to make it like - not so much a traditional dollhouse but just rooms bursting with cute tiny things.

Thanks for a posting a pic of your necklace - I was close, all I messed up on was the actual necklace!

If you're castle came with a mermaid I'm pretty sure it should also have come with a little seahorse in similar colours to the mermaid figure.

Was your castle mainly light light blue and the sea shell shaped turrents were a golden sandy yellow colour? Was their a mote at the bottom (or a pondy type thing anyway) that you could fill with water and float small foam sea shapes in? My sister had that one.

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #14 on: Friday 23 April 2010, 01:05 pm »
I know! I love looking at her pictures! There's so much to see and she sets them in such fun ways!
You are welcome for posting my necklace.

I don't remember much about the castle. I THINK it was mostly light blue and maybe light green turrets, but that could be wrong. I can't remember anything inside it, but after watching the commercial I do remember it having a key to unlock it.  It sounds like the one you are talking about may have been the "by the sea" version while mine was under the sea. I dunno if that's correct or not though. We could very well be talking about the same one though as I can barely remember anything about mine.