Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Carousel Collection - Matchbox  (Read 51146 times)

Offline Coma

Re: Carousel Collection - Matchbox
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 24 November 2010, 10:23 pm »
OK, I got all of these horses for the same Christmas one year, and they've been mixed and matched ever since.
I cannot remember all of the names - mostly because the carousel name plates are different - but I know some of these are definitely right - let me know which ones are wrong!

Twilight, Damasque

Snowflake, Raindrop

Moonlight, Sunshine

Rudy, Moonbeam

Silver Dawn

Morning Glow Dawnlight

The original line of horses are on brass poles.The second series are all on gold-coloured plastic poles.

If anyone wants pictures of the actual carousel, the 5 horse stand, or any of the charms, I have those too.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: Friday 03 December 2010, 11:53 pm by Coma »

Offline Ianua

« Reply #31 on: Thursday 25 November 2010, 07:48 pm »
I'm pretty sure with the last 3 they are all on the right bases because I had morning glow and silver dawn x

Offline KrystalTips

« Reply #32 on: Friday 03 December 2010, 12:55 pm »
the one you have listed as moonlight i have as silverdawn? silverdawn in packaging has blue bits not purple but i dont have a photo of moonlight to compaire in packaging
still missing
Classic:
Morning Glow
Moonlight
Harmony

Unconfirmed:
Golda
Daffy
Dancer

Also are all the pics i put up still shoswing as some are coming up as x's? will edit post if its like that for others xxx
WANTED:- Matchbox Carousel Horses, Tonka Keypers and Disney Wuzzles!

Offline Coma

« Reply #33 on: Friday 03 December 2010, 11:50 pm »
OK, close enough, I'll fix those names.

What pictures are you missing then? I have posted pictures of both Moonlight and Morning Glow.

Offline KrystalTips

« Reply #34 on: Thursday 03 March 2011, 01:13 pm »

this appeared on ebay today - didnt know they did multipacks of them xxx
WANTED:- Matchbox Carousel Horses, Tonka Keypers and Disney Wuzzles!

Offline jazzmatazz

« Reply #35 on: Sunday 06 March 2011, 06:15 pm »
*drools , oh my I have something new to collect! XD  I love carousel horses, history, etc.

Offline timpersock

« Reply #36 on: Monday 10 October 2011, 11:31 pm »
I've been meaning to post some pictures here for ages. I own one of the posters (I think it was part of the promotional poster giveaway mentioned on some of the packages). There were two posters, you have an image of one and I have the other one. Because it's large (and my camera doesn't work) I've scanned each section so you can see what horses and animals were included on the poster.

The carousel, with a horse included - Raindrop. Raindrop came with either a gold or blue name stand (I don't know why, but I've seen both colours).

The five horse stand, with a horse included - Sunshine.

A 'gift set', included in this one were Dawnlight, Morning Glow and Moonlight (I think). I think there must have been other three packs though.

The swan chariot gift pack with Harmony, the swan and Starr (left to right). The swan seems to be a prototype, as the gorgeous little crystals on her wings and base were not used in the released version.

Fashion parade horses - Hopper, Frisco, Goodie.

Fashion parade and Bright Beauties - Ribbon, Royal, Sunset and Starry

Bright Beauties and Fancy Trotters - Sunbeam, Lavender, Jazma and Rosette

The animals - Cameo, Misty, Frosty, Topaz, Camelot, Moonbeam, Rudy, Diamond

The rocking horses - Damasque, Rosegay and Finesse

The classic horses - Misty Meadow, Silver Dawn, Honeycup, Twilight, Snowflake, Daydream, Shadow, Wildflower, Starbright.

From looking at the list of horses' names that we know, it looks like Sunburst from the Classic Horses was not released (I haven't been able to find any actual images of that horse, only prototype photos).

I was lucky enough to have been given the carousel when I was a child and I still have it. I remember when I got the carousel that it came with a sheet of stickers that had the horses' names on them so you could give them each a place on the carousel. My mother and I put the stickers on for all the animals that we could but there were three that we owned that did not have name stickers - the two horses from the swan chariot gift pack (and the swan of course) Starr and Harmony (we settled with Starbright and Halo) and the rocking horse Finesse (we settled for Topaz). It seems odd that they would not include these names on the sticker sheet. I would dearly love to see that sheet again. Perhaps that was just the case for the earlier carousels? Perhaps the later ones included all the horses' names?

Does anyone else have a carousel from their childhood and did they experience a similar dilemma?

Offline Jadshum

« Reply #37 on: Sunday 17 June 2012, 02:52 am »
hi everyone,

with the 3 rocking horses i have seen it as rosegay but on the poster it says nosegay. weird name??? would anyone know which is right??? thanks.

jadshum

Offline Jadshum

« Reply #38 on: Friday 22 June 2012, 03:21 pm »
Hi again,

I would like someone to confirm if there really is a starburst. I've never seen one...thanks!

Jadshum

Offline SimmoL

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 06 August 2013, 04:35 am »
Hi all, I am putting together the carousel and horses for my girlfriends birthday as she has spoken about this toy that she had when she was a girl. I finally worked it out and it turns out it was the matchbox carousel collection. i have it 99% complete but am missing 4 or 5 mirrors from the top of the carousel and 4 or 5 of the heart shaped and jeweled pieces from around the top. Anyone know where I could get some of those? Am happy to pay for them and postage. Any help or information would be great and make for one happy girlfriend.

Cheers

Offline Tiikeri

« Reply #40 on: Friday 13 December 2013, 07:38 pm »
These look perfect for a carousel maniac like me.  :D Does anyone know in which countries these were sold? Can I find these in europe?

Offline Sammy

« Reply #41 on: Monday 08 September 2014, 12:22 pm »
Can anyone shed light on why the original 16 horses were available with both coloured and gold bases?

It looks like they were all originally produced in gold, then painted over, the coloured ones have very faint registration/company markings. Was it possible they coloured the bases once they introduced the animals/fashion etc line?

I also seem to have a brown Wildflower.

Wait! Sussed it. Coloured bases are the second run of the first 16 with the plastic poles.
« Last Edit: Monday 08 September 2014, 12:31 pm by Sammy »
Matchbox Carousel wanted! :Dawn Light,        Morning Glow, Twilight, Honey Cup, Moonlight, Starburst, Harmony, Starr

Offline Sammy

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 13 January 2015, 09:42 am »
I have also now come to the conclusion that Starbright/Starburst are the same horse - I have never ever seen a confirmed Starburst (one, without base, which looked the same as Starbright) and shall assume that it was a name they thought of and then changed.
Matchbox Carousel wanted! :Dawn Light,        Morning Glow, Twilight, Honey Cup, Moonlight, Starburst, Harmony, Starr

Offline kidswholesale123

« Reply #43 on: Thursday 10 September 2015, 07:19 am »
Lovely, like it.

anything