Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: 'Wild west' type doll  (Read 4191 times)

Offline Margot

'Wild west' type doll
« on: Saturday 27 July 2013, 03:25 pm »
I don't have a picture of this doll, but I am hoping that someone will recognise the description.  I think she was one of a set/ series of Wild West type characters as I remember the other dolls pictures being on the box and they were like cowboys and Indians.  This doll was about six inches tall, rooted dark curly hair and was meant to be a young girl. Her clothes were moulded although her arms and head moved, the rest of her body was one piece.  The moulded clothes were a red top, green skirt and yellow apron. She might have had a hat but can't be sure, but did have a red carpet beater.  I got the doll in the early 80s, possibly just from one of those 'discount stores' so it could have been a foreign toy company, but can remember it had the name 'effie' on the box, although it might have been the dolls name rather than the maker.  We was accidentally donated and had been sold by the time I realised, so I have been looking for a replacement although this is difficult without knowing what to look for.  If anyone thinks they know what this doll could be, I would be really grateful, thank you.

Offline vintagequeen16

Re: 'Wild west' type doll
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 July 2013, 11:32 pm »
Did she have anything to do with the Geronimo dolls? https://www.etsy.com/listing/99771626/johnny-west-doll-with-geronimo-and-horse

Offline Margot

Re: 'Wild west' type doll
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 August 2013, 10:21 pm »
I did think she might have been a character in these when I came across them.  I couldn't find one like her, but maybe the collection was a clone/ knock off of these dolls.  Thanks for your help anyway, and sorry for the late reply.

anything