Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Please help identify these dolls.  (Read 12534 times)

Offline hologram900

Please help identify these dolls.
« on: Tuesday 27 April 2010, 08:33 pm »

Tiny dolls, about 2", (3" if you factor n their hair), came with a small box with a handle and included furniture for the specific room they came with. The ones that I have came with living room furniture and bathroom furniture. The date on the back is 1982, but I can't clearly make out the manufacturer, it looks like IL or IK.

From left to right:
1. Little blond baby, back of head says Hong Kong and body says Made in Hong Kong. She is 2.5" inches.

2. Small pink rag doll. No markings of any kind, no tag. She is stuffed and all cloth. 4" tall.

3. Doll is bendable, the manufacturer logo is that same IL or IK from the previous picture. She is dated 1981 and measures 5".

4. Blond doll, bendable and I got her in the early 90's. She has no logo or date on her anywhere. She measures 7".

Both are blond, both say Tyco 1990, both have white painted on panties and pink molded on shoes. Arms and legs move.  Almost 3" tall.

These are stamped 1989 Mattel, they came with little play sets, little plastic rooms and you could change the wallpaper and flooring. They stand about 3".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't find any info on these dolls anywhere. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Friday 17 February 2012, 08:06 am by zuse »

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
Re: Please help identify these dolls.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 08:03 pm »
The Mattel ones in the last pic are Swans Crossing dolls.

Commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsB138JAW5g

(From Wishbook's Flickr).
« Last Edit: Friday 30 April 2010, 08:05 pm by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline hologram900

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 May 2010, 03:38 am »
Thanks, for trying...but they aren't Swans Crossing. I have Swans Crossing dolls, and these aren't them. They are a lot smaller, about the size of the leg of a Swans Crossing doll. Also, Swans Crossing came out in 1992, these pictured are stamped 1989, and are by Mattel where Swans Crossing are Playmates.

Offline zuse

« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 May 2010, 03:44 am »
Oh, you're right! (doh)

Didn't you have another post? What happened to it?

I was trying to remember earlier today what the flocked bears you had were...

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline hologram900

« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 May 2010, 05:42 am »
Yeah i deleted it cause almost everything had been identified and updated this with more dolls and pics. The bears are called "Bear It In Mind".

Offline zuse

« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 May 2010, 05:45 am »
Oh, we should post a thread about those just for posterity, then. I think I have some... but I'd always just assumed they were Sylvanians or something.

It's kind of better to keep the old threads here because when someone asks about the same toy again we can just run to the archive real quick. :)

Offline zap18

« Reply #6 on: Saturday 01 May 2010, 05:50 am »
I'll post their pics again over in the New Toys section.

Offline Bren41882

« Reply #7 on: Saturday 01 May 2010, 09:11 am »
I might be able to help with the Pink rag doll I have an Orange on with a daisy on her dress that's simalar to yours and she still has her tag here's a link to the pic of mine (I can't get the pics to work)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f222/Bren41882/dolls/MissysPics001-3.jpg

The Tag says Cuddle Wit in big letters on the front and Cuddle Wit Inc Moonatchie NJ USA on the back

So they were called Cuddle Wit and mine was put in my crib when I was born in 1982 so at least 28 yrs old like me lol hope this helped
« Last Edit: Saturday 01 May 2010, 09:19 am by Bren41882 »
"Death does not stop true love, all it can do is delay it for awhile."-Westley in The Princess Bride

Offline zuse

« Reply #8 on: Saturday 01 May 2010, 03:22 pm »
I have that doll too! I love it. I also have a yellow mini-rag doll just like it that I found at a thrift store!

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 May 2011, 06:31 am »
GASP! You're looking for the ID of the little sad faced doll too! I posted a topic on her months back but nobody knows who she is!

Here's mine:

Perhaps she did not come with clothing?

Offline zuse

« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 February 2012, 08:25 am »

These are stamped 1989 Mattel, they came with little play sets, little plastic rooms and you could change the wallpaper and flooring. They stand about 3".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't find any info on these dolls anywhere. Thanks!

FINALLY!

(And now that I look closer, it seems like they were the buyer on a couple of these! Yay!)

Snap Town Change Arounds - Mattel (1989)

Dance Studio Health Club
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250965033101

Trendy Bedroom
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230738920938

Romantic Bedroom
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140665753297

« Last Edit: Friday 17 February 2012, 08:36 am by zuse »

Offline ForeverKokiri

« Reply #11 on: Sunday 19 February 2012, 04:29 am »
Since I've posted last, I've discovered that Little Sad-Faced doll has some big sisters!

"Pop Playmates" dolls from the 60s. :) There must have been some "miniature" form of these dolls as well. That's definitely the face!

Offline Foxtale

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 February 2012, 03:08 am »
I apologize for not having information for your dolls but I just had to say how cool the Snap Town stuff is. I have never seen it before and I love it!  :)

Offline Doodledoll

« Reply #13 on: Thursday 27 December 2012, 07:47 am »
Hello there, I am wondering if you ever found out who makes those tiny dolls in the top picture, with the handle cases.  I have have this vague memory of those exact dolls for years.  My mom got them for me when I was 4 and I have no idea what happened to them. I was so happy to run across your post.  I have been looking for any info on them for quite a while now.   I have been searching everywhere on the web for pictures, but haven't found any, since I can't remember them very well.  Your picture is the first I have found:)   I still have the tiny pink tv, it is so nice to know what it went with:) It would be so nice to find those dolls again somewhere. Any info would be awesome!   I am sorry I am not any help to you though:(    -Meg