Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Anyone collect minnie 'n me playsets?  (Read 12900 times)

Offline PoshDolly

Anyone collect minnie 'n me playsets?
« on: Tuesday 03 December 2013, 04:26 pm »
the minnie 'n me playsets of the early 1990's have been one thing I've been searching for for several years off-and-on.

I finally figured out what they were called a few years back.
there are the secret stamp club sets and the regular minnie 'n me sets.
Most sets came with a doll, a piece of clothing or two, and a necklace/stand.

I, can not, however, for the life of me, find the minnie townhouse. It was one of my favourite toys for YEARS and my mother finally convinced me to get rid of it in late elementary school (in her defense, it was quite broken by then)...

here's a link i found on flickr, to see what the dolls look like:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/venivididolli/8440586850/

and here's an advertisement i found that shows a tiny photo of the house. If nothing else, I'd love to just see a few nice photos of the house...
I'm not sure if this toyset might be more well-known in mickey/disney communities, but it doesn't seem like they were very popular... :/

minnienme by PoshDolly/paumasaur, on Flickr

Offline tink25

Re: Anyone collect minnie 'n me playsets?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 December 2013, 02:03 am »
I'll have a bunch of minnie n me stuff for sale once I find everything. Let me know if you'd be interested!

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 December 2013, 06:18 pm »
I never knew they had Minnie N Me playsets! As a child I had a Minnie N Me pen and coloring book.  This year I found a complete in box unused card and envelope stationary set.  Brings back memories. :)

Offline minniestreet

• tumblr
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 December 2013, 06:15 pm »
Minnie n Me was my absolute favorite as a kid, I'm lucky to have kept a lot of my stuff from childhood but I lost a few items. They had a townhouse and a clubhouse, I had the clubhouse, which was only one floor. I found a few advertisements here~ (this is my blog, the photos were from flickr)

http://achildlikeprincess.tumblr.com/post/59913983530

Do you remember the Minnie n Me books, the Best Friends collection? I'm very close to completing my set! These books were the sweetest, the illustrations are so pretty and fun.

Offline minniestreet

• tumblr
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 December 2013, 08:51 pm »
I just made this post at my blog, too. I'm a little heartbroken to see I don't have as many things as I thought I did. I'm hoping to change that soon  :)

http://achildlikeprincess.tumblr.com/post/70218052197/

Offline minniestreet

• tumblr

Offline PoshDolly

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 18 December 2013, 12:10 am »
Hey! Here it is on ebay~

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400626985748?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

oh my god I will love you forever if i win that!
Turns out I missed one back in February on Ebay, too!
It's kind of random when I get around to checking-
also- more random since ghostofthedoll hasn't worked for me since the day I posted the topic!

Offline PoshDolly

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 18 December 2013, 12:11 am »
I only had one book... it was about minnie getting her puppy. I loved the illustration- I feel like I had a puzzle, too, but that might be a false memory because I don't remember seeing puzzles...

Offline minniestreet

• tumblr
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 18 December 2013, 04:07 am »
Yes, there were puzzles, too! I have one that is yellow and pink polka-dot with Minnie playing hopscotch. There were a few others also.

Good luck with bidding on the townhouse! I hope you get it  :)

Offline PoshDolly

« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 December 2013, 05:10 am »
Yes, there were puzzles, too! I have one that is yellow and pink polka-dot with Minnie playing hopscotch. There were a few others also.

Good luck with bidding on the townhouse! I hope you get it  :)

yes, yes I do love you forever! I think virtually no one collected minnie 'n me stuff. I won the house and it was only $25 with shipping!!! Oh I'm so stoked to get it... funny how I felt this same way... like 22 years ago!
(I think I got it Christmas of '91?)
the only thing I need now is the popcorn bowl and popcorn, the table (I don't think I still have that) and the cups and plates...

Offline PoshDolly

« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 December 2013, 05:11 am »
I'll have a bunch of minnie n me stuff for sale once I find everything. Let me know if you'd be interested!

depends on what you've got- my list is VERY limited...
as in... just the accessories for the townhouse!

Offline minniestreet

• tumblr
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 19 December 2013, 10:25 pm »
Yay! I'm so happy you got it! What a sweet little Christmas present for yourself! 25 is a good price, and with all the extra dolls too.

Offline PoshDolly

« Reply #12 on: Thursday 19 December 2013, 10:58 pm »
Yay! I'm so happy you got it! What a sweet little Christmas present for yourself! 25 is a good price, and with all the extra dolls too.

yes, i'm super excited- though I don't need the extra dolls at all- I'm thinking about rooting one of the minnie's with hair- would that be stupid? I'm curious because i like illustrations with minnie with hair, but in reality I'm just not sure how it would look? I'm thinking like a mohair or alpaca... maybe I could figure out how to make a wig and try that out first...  ;)

Do you remember- did the clubhouse some with the same accessories?
I mostly want the phone, table, and popcorn with the bowl... i gave them all away at one point in my childhood because I thought I stole them from my neighbor and felt bad. I forgot they were minnie accessories!!

Offline minniestreet

• tumblr
« Reply #13 on: Friday 20 December 2013, 03:35 am »
It wouldn't be stupid at all, because those dolls actually did come with hair! My Minnie doll once had a sparkly pink ponytail that clipped onto her head, but I lost it long ago. I think she looks so cute whenever she's drawn with bangs, that would be a super adorable idea for the dollies.

If you don't want the Mickey doll, would you be interested in selling him? I'd really like to have him for my Minnie  :)

The clubhouse had a kitchen table, two chairs, and a television that changed scenes, each picture was Minnie and Daisy having a picnic, etc. and a boombox:

Offline tink25

« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 January 2014, 10:35 pm »

depends on what you've got- my list is VERY limited...
as in... just the accessories for the townhouse!

I don't have those but I do have the suitcase, trading cards, and figures. I just have to find the accessories for the figures.

Both my sister and i each had that holiday minnie doll. They played music and lit up I remember. They're around here somewhere.

anything