Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Favorite Board Games  (Read 39501 times)

Offline EdenEye

Favorite Board Games
« on: Thursday 06 May 2010, 09:14 am »
I thought it would be fun to find out what everyone favorite childhood board games were. My favorite and most memorable (I'm sure I'll think of more later on) were:

Pretty Pretty Princess
  -I loved putting on all the pretty jewelery and would wear it even when I wasn't playing the game.

Goosebumps Shrieks and Spiders
   -I had another Goosebumps game at the same time, the board was actually a large piece of plastic, like twister but no where near as big. I can't find any info on it. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Hungry Hungry Hippos
  -I still have the original game but no idea where the balls went??? - I've been meaning to find some replacements.

Ouija
   -I remember my brother telling me to "rules" and steps to follow before I use the Ouija Board. I also totally believe that a friend and I comunicated with my dead neighbor!)

Girl Talk
   -Hours and Hours spent playing this game. I LOVED It!)

MASH!
 -The Fortune Telling Game for Girls! (I know it's not a board game but I spent so much time playing it, I had to include it in my list.)

Party Mania
  -Ok, so the tape just played the same thing over and over again, but each game was different from the last anyways, depending on how you rolled.

« Last Edit: Thursday 06 May 2010, 09:39 am by EdenEye »

Offline mouse

Re: Favorite Board Games
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 May 2010, 03:34 pm »
They still make Hungry Hippos (along with Gator Golf and Elefun)

Offline DarkAnjel77

« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 May 2010, 02:22 am »
My board games were all old school.  My grandma and I LOVED to play Aggravation.

She also taught me how to play cards.  Rummy mostly.  

Man I miss those days.
« Last Edit: Sunday 09 May 2010, 02:25 am by DarkAnjel77 »

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 May 2010, 03:02 am »
Board games I had as a child. Later on I might make a list of the ones I really wanted that I saw on TV or that my friends had. :)

Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 09 May 2010, 05:59 am »
That Pretty Pretty Princess box was the one that I had! Thanks for posting it!

vanillascoop

« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 May 2010, 12:54 pm »
Pretty Pretty Princess and the Little Mermaid = the greatest games of all time. (i have a later PPP box than the two shown though)

I don't have time to find pics right now, but I also liked

Grape Escape
Don't Wake Dad
Forever Friends Popping game (don't know the actual name but it was set up like a garden and the layout is similar to Frustration)

and what was the game where you "dated" boys and rang them up on a phone? my friends and I thought it was so grown up >.<

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #6 on: Sunday 09 May 2010, 10:46 pm »
Dream Phone!!! I never had it. One of those I always wanted to play but never got the chance. I've also never played My Little Mermaid. Maybe one day. :) The hardest part about board games is trying to find someone to play with me!

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #7 on: Sunday 09 May 2010, 10:48 pm »
The one l love the most was an electronic one called Dark Tower it is very hard to find and once the computer chip in the tower goes bad the game is broken for ever the game is selling for 400 dollars on e-bay for one mint in the box.  ;D

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/m/mO6T2jknW7l-PVyg4L1E1tg/140.jpg

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #8 on: Sunday 09 May 2010, 11:00 pm »
Here are 2 more games I never got to play but was dying to get them when I was a kid. The commercials were on YTV constantly!

« Reply #9 on: Sunday 09 May 2010, 11:06 pm »
I played aggravation with my grandmother a few weeks ago, and she had half here marbles in home base before I got one in . I can not win the game when she plays.

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 May 2010, 11:14 pm »
The one l love the most was an electronic one called Dark Tower it is very hard to find and once the computer chip in the tower goes bad the game is broken for ever the game is selling for 400 dollars on e-bay for one mint in the box.  ;D

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/m/mO6T2jknW7l-PVyg4L1E1tg/140.jpg

I was at my Goodwill once and found the manual with no rips/tears in the bin of books. I got it for, like, less than a quarter. Of course I sold it for around $10-20 on eBay. That's when I learned how sought after that game was!
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 May 2010, 11:22 pm »
The copy of the game we had is long gone. The game was played so much the board fell to pieces , and the tower stopped working , flags for the kingdoms got lost   ect. I would love another copy if a mint one did not sell for hundreds of dollars. 

Offline mouse

« Reply #12 on: Monday 10 May 2010, 02:51 am »
The hardest part about board games is trying to find someone to play with me!

I know! I'll have to wait 'til my sisters kids are old enough to play with me :)

Offline WordFuzion

• Inner Child Eternal
« Reply #13 on: Monday 10 May 2010, 10:20 pm »
I loved board games as a kid! (And okay, now too, hehe)

My favorites:
The Babysitter Club Game
Sweet Valley High
Clue
Battleship
Mall Maddness (mostly for the board, my MLPs and smaller animals had a BLAST with it. :P )

And my favorites now:
Boggle
Trivial Pursuit
Monopoly
Scrabble
<3 Mare

Looking for: SWEETIE PUPS!!!! CBC Brave Heart Lion, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Fluppy Dogs, 80's/90's Playline Barbie, Pound Puppies, Alley Kats, Beanie Babies, Kitty Kitty Kittens, Yum Yums, Rose Petal Place, Wrinkles, Popples, Large My Pet Monster and Pooch Patrol.

Offline apanda0622

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 11 May 2010, 01:33 am »
I used to LOVE the Sweet Valley High, Girl Talk, and Mall Madness games.

Also, Clue and Life.

I still have all but Girl Talk.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 11 May 2010, 01:34 am by apanda0622 »

anything
anything