Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Non-Disney Animated Films  (Read 34477 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

Re: Non-Disney Animated Films
« Reply #15 on: Monday 02 August 2010, 01:03 am »
well i love the last unicorn and i also like lots of animae like akeria, ghost in the shell, and many others.

Offline KrystalTips

« Reply #16 on: Friday 20 August 2010, 06:27 pm »
growing up i was convinced films like american tail, ferngully, all dogs go to heaven etc were disney. i suppose growing up on disney i assumed there was nothing else lol. she ra movies best ever lol xxx
WANTED:- Matchbox Carousel Horses, Tonka Keypers and Disney Wuzzles!

Offline catlover51

« Reply #17 on: Saturday 21 August 2010, 04:26 am »
Don Bluth did start at Disney :D

Offline KrystalTips

« Reply #18 on: Saturday 21 August 2010, 10:41 am »
thats probably got alot to do with it then lol xxx
WANTED:- Matchbox Carousel Horses, Tonka Keypers and Disney Wuzzles!

Offline MercurialMonster

« Reply #19 on: Monday 06 September 2010, 11:21 pm »
The Last Unicorn, Secret of NIMH, All Dogs Go to Heaven, The Brave Little Toaster, The Flight of Dragons (haven't seen that in ages), Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer, The Adventures of Unico, and a few others mentioned here already.

What about Watership Down?  I was constantly demanding my family rent that when I was a kid.  So much so, that when a local rental store closed down here in my teens, my mom bought me the video as a joke, lol!  I still watch it...

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 07 September 2010, 02:17 am »
With water ship down the movie is better than the book . The book is over 1,100 pages long although it is a children s book, and gets slow and boring for chapters . I would rather see the movie than read the book again.

Offline EmBee

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 07 September 2010, 08:42 am »
The Adventures of Unico looks kinda neat, I had never heard of it.  I started reading Watership Down because I heard it was great, but I honestly did become uninterested enough to put it down for other books.  :\  I have the movie, but I was saving it til after I read the book.

Maybe I should just watch it.  >.>;;;
-Em
;)

Offline mouse

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 08 September 2010, 06:55 am »
With water ship down the movie is better than the book . The book is over 1,100 pages long although it is a children s book, and gets slow and boring for chapters . I would rather see the movie than read the book again.

I disagree, I love the book! I've got the book, the mocvie and the TV series (which I never finished watching and didn't much like - it doesn't follow the same story as the book/movie) I got a Fiver beanie off the internet too and I have two different long stitch kits that I plan on completing someday!

There is a second book to watership down called Tales of Watership Down which is a series of short stories which isn't as good as Watership Down (sorta can't be compared because it's in a different format) but still enjoyable if you liked the series. I've also read Plague Dogs by Richard Adams of which there is also a cartoon but I've never seen it. That is pretty sad.

Offline EmBee

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 08 September 2010, 05:42 pm »
Oh that's interesting; I had no idea there was a sequel made!

Man, Plague Dogs (the movie) was very very sad.  I've never read the book, but the movie really makes you feel a sense of hopelessness.  :[

There are such interesting movies out there!
-Em
;)

Offline teddy0bear

« Reply #24 on: Saturday 11 September 2010, 05:21 am »
I like the second Unico movie as well, Unico in the Island of Magic. The robotic monster thing that chases Cheri and Unico around still scares me a little :)

I've also enjoyed Starchaser: The Legend of Orin, Little Nemo Adventures in Slumberland, Rock-a-doodle, My little Pony, Once Upon a Forest, The Ringing Bell (of Chirin) and the Miyasaki movies :)

I am also a Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer fan.  ;D

(and transformers and the secret of the sword! so many good movies)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #25 on: Monday 20 September 2010, 01:37 am »
Oh I love the Unico movies! I lucked out at a thrift store and found a video that had a bunch of cartoons/movies recorded on it including both of the English Unico movies. There are actually 2 other Unico films that never made it to the US. The very first was a pilot film called Black Cloud, White Feather. Afterward Adventures of Unico was released and then Island of Magic. Last was a short film called Saving Our Fragile Earth.
I've only seen the two English movies. I'd really love to get the other two, but neither was ever Dubbed in English. I wonder if I could find them fan subbed.

Offline meer

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 01 December 2010, 02:54 am »
Titan A.E.?  I know that came out in 2000, but hey it's 2010 now.

Offline Lady-Yuki

« Reply #27 on: Friday 03 December 2010, 05:02 am »
I have quite a few animated favorites.

The Swan Princess
FernGully: The Last Rainforest
Balto
The Last Unicorn
American Tail: Fievel Goes West (I have yet to see the original. I know, I'm terrible :P)
The Chipmunk Adventure
Once Upon A Forest
The Jetsons Movie
Care Bears 2: A New Generation and Care Bears Adventure in Wonderland
Daffy Duck's Quackbusters
The Prince of Egypt
The Land Before Time
The Pagemaster
Rock a Doodle
Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland.

A lot of these are nostalgic favorites for me, since my mother just happened to catch a few of them on tape while watching HBO or Showtime. I've since managed to track down a few on DVD and I couldn't be happier at the fact.

Out of the entire list I'd have to say Prince of Egypt is my most favorite, because it's in my opinion one of the last good American animated movies - that is to say, one of the last movies to focus solely on telling a story, and not on merchandising. It's hard to believe this is the same company that's now focusing on drowning itself in a computer animated ogrefest.  :(

Oh, and hello, everyone! Nice to meet you all :)

Offline Ianua

« Reply #28 on: Thursday 23 December 2010, 09:46 pm »
Cities of Gold - love it

Offline jazzmatazz

« Reply #29 on: Friday 07 January 2011, 02:26 am »
I know some of these are repeated but these are my non-Disney Faves:
The Last Unicorn
Watership Down
American Tale
American Tale:Goes West
Little Nemo
Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealers
My Little Pony the Movie
The Land Before Time
We're Back, A Dinosaur's Tale
A Troll in Central Park

I've yet to see all dogs go to heaven and Balto, they any good?

anything