Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: [2 of 3 ID-ed] Circus Dolls and Mermaid on a stick  (Read 7595 times)

Offline BattySparkles

[2 of 3 ID-ed] Circus Dolls and Mermaid on a stick
« on: Monday 07 June 2010, 02:04 pm »
So! I once owned two different circus dolls.

ID: Circus

Firstly was a clown. She had big, pink, curly hair. She had one of those full body clown suits where the suit is divided into 4's, with the legs opposite of the top halves. (like Harley Quinn's, but this one was baggier) I don't remember what colors her costume was. Maybe blue and yellow. She also had a bow tie and red shoes.

ID: Ringling Stars

At least one year later, maybe more, I got a ringleader doll from the circus. Here she is:

She used to have a headdress that included a pink feather. I don't remember what her shoes were like. I think they were boots. She is quite good quality I'd say just as well made as a Barbie of her time.
 She has no markings other than CHINA on her head and butt. Her body is a Barbie clone. There seems to be a small rectangle on her lower back, as if the markings were covered, or taken off when they made the mold for the doll.
These dolls would be from mid to late 90's, I think.
The closest thing I have found to them is these Ringling Bro's official "Circus Stars" dolls:
http://shop.ebay.com/dianaj1242/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300418497340&Category=36549&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2
I'm unsure if they are related to either of my dolls or not.

Unidentified

Lastly, one year at the circus I got an inflatable mermaid that hung from a stick. Odd, I know. I don't remember what she looked like other than blonde with a green tail, and I think some kind of seashell jewelery. She would be from the early 90's. I know it's a really long shot, but I'd like to see an image of one if possible.
« Last Edit: Thursday 03 March 2011, 02:42 am by zuse »

Offline zap18

Re: Circus Dolls (Barbie Type) and Mermaid on a stick
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 June 2010, 09:04 pm »
Hmm, I don't know.  The only circus dolls I remember are the ones you already linked. 

I don't think the inflatable mermaid on the stick is odd at all though :D  I got an elephant one time.  Loved that thing.

Offline pikapal

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 June 2010, 01:56 am »
This inflatable toys on a stick were sold like everywhere. I remember those being sold at county fairs and carnivals. And maybe even theme parks too.

Offline apanda0622

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 June 2010, 04:25 am »
I used to go to the Ringling Bros circus, and I remember one year they did have a circus Barbie.

Offline BattySparkles

Re: Circus Dolls (Barbie Type){Added image} and Mermaid on a stick
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 June 2010, 02:42 pm »
Thought I'd go ahead and bump this cause I didn't know if anyone had seen that I added the image.

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 29 August 2010, 06:10 am »
AWESOME FIND! I bet that's it? Here's the pic of the Totsy Sandy doll posted above:

« Last Edit: Sunday 29 August 2010, 06:15 am by zuse »
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #7 on: Sunday 29 August 2010, 11:01 am »
That is my clown! Thank you so much for finding her! hehe. And she's by Totsy. Totsy has actually made some really fun dolls, even if they aren't super high quality.

Offline zuse

Re: [1 of 2 ID-ed] Circus Dolls and Mermaid on a stick
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 30 November 2010, 12:20 am »

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 30 November 2010, 07:29 am »
wow! She's great! Thanks for sharing! ^-^

Offline zuse

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 March 2011, 02:48 am »

Offline BattySparkles

Re: [2 of 3 ID-ed] Circus Dolls and Mermaid on a stick
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 March 2011, 01:36 am »
:D Hooray!!! zusey ID's another! You must have the record for most ID's! You should be in Guinness! haha! Thankies!
« Last Edit: Thursday 03 March 2011, 02:43 am by zuse »

anything