Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Ok I gotta know does this bug anybody else?  (Read 28099 times)

Offline alicewonder

Ok I gotta know does this bug anybody else?
« on: Tuesday 22 June 2010, 04:35 am »
Why hasn't WB released the final volume of Animaniacs yet? What's with this? Also why is volume 4 of the Muppet Show not announced either. This I can't understand these are very popular shows right? I mean why do we need rehashes of the same stuff but we don't finish some of the others?

So I gotta know does this bother anyone else and do you have a series that seems to be stalling that you are waiting for?

Offline EdenEye

Re: Ok I gotta know does this bug anybody else?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 June 2010, 05:22 am »
I was very frustrated when it took nearly 3 years for Punky Brewster season 4 to be released! And then when the date came they pushed it back again one more week! It was frustrating.

I know they have had problems with series do to different reasons. Like Married with Children had a hard time getting the rights to use the Frank Sinatra song in the opening of the show. The Sinatra family (or who ever else owns it) wanted way to much money. So every season (other then the 1st) has a different song in the intro which totally sucks cuz that song was awesome!

They had the same issue I believe with some others like Ally McBeal. It sucks I know. :(

Offline pikapal

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 June 2010, 03:24 am »
I know I'm waiting for the last few Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers episodes to be released. There are 14 left from the region 1 sets.  :'(

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 July 2010, 12:17 am »
if you think about it this is all dependent on who owns the copyrights for the characters, theme song, etc... it is really really annoying.  in some cases the owner of X show said yes while the one who owns the theme song says no way, or wants huge royalties.   i still wish we could have all of the digimon series on DVD already.

Offline Ianua

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 08 July 2010, 05:28 pm »
On a similar topic did anyone else like Malcom in the middle? I bought the 1st series and then... nothing does anyone know what happened?

And why have they never released Muppet babies?

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #5 on: Thursday 08 July 2010, 09:10 pm »
I don't know what happened to Malcolm in the Middle and Muppet Babies. But I have them both, not official copies of course. If you want them, you can get practically any series on www.ioffer.com

I have lots of rare tv series and movies and have never been released and probably will never be released on DVD.

Offline alicewonder

« Reply #6 on: Thursday 08 July 2010, 09:19 pm »
who knows what happend with malcom. As far as the muppet babies I'm guessing it's the same reason we are still waiting for the muppet show. Someone somewhere has the rights to something and doesn't want to relinquish them or wants major royalties. I'm pretty sure Animaniacs is held up cause they changed networks the last  season.

Offline Ianua

« Reply #7 on: Thursday 08 July 2010, 10:31 pm »
Oh the muppet babies had tonnes of film clips in it that's probally why?!? Good thinking :)

I can remember waiting years for "Cities of Gold" and being overjoyed when it was finally released on DVD did anyone else watch it?

Thanks for the link Eden will have to check it out to see if I can find flight of dragons Loved that cartoon
« Last Edit: Thursday 08 July 2010, 10:33 pm by Ianua »

Offline mouse

« Reply #8 on: Friday 09 July 2010, 05:12 am »
I'm pretty certain muppets is now owned by Disney

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 July 2010, 04:17 am »
I'm still waiting for the last TaleSpin! :(
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline teddy0bear

« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 July 2010, 06:02 am »
I agree with the muppet show. It's supposed to be released this year but here it is over half way though the year and still no season 4, not even a whisper, or a hint. Bah.

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 July 2010, 11:34 pm »
I miss one called Rockos's Modern Life. The only time I have found it is a handfull of episodes on vhs tapes. Another one would be the pirates of dark water they ended the series with only 13 episodes they never finished it I wish that they had.
« Last Edit: Sunday 18 July 2010, 11:37 pm by Rider of the storm »

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #12 on: Monday 19 July 2010, 12:29 am »
Rocko's Modern Life is on Netflix instantplay. :) It must be one that's only a digital download.

I know I have the Clarissa Explains it All Season One DVD set. Then a different company got the rights or something. Anyways, a bunch of old Nick is for download on iTunes. Also, Amazon.com has an affiliate that will burn the seasons you want on demand of certain shows. I'm cool with that.

It's just that I want to finish the series I started with physical copies with a physical copy. :-D
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline apanda0622

« Reply #13 on: Friday 23 July 2010, 05:45 am »
I know it took forever for the last volume of Fraggle Rock to come out.  Like a few years later.  Totally frustrating.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #14 on: Saturday 04 September 2010, 03:25 am »
yah it bugs me last time i went to the mall i found dark wing duck season two on dvd in the bargain bin if it is there next time i will pick it up. i have no idea how many seasons there are nor how many are not on dvd yet.

anything