Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Ok I gotta know does this bug anybody else?  (Read 28098 times)

Offline KrystalTips

Re: Ok I gotta know does this bug anybody else?
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 04 September 2010, 12:24 pm »
its frustrating in the uk cuz you can get most stuff off the net but its usually region 1 and uk is region 2. bought a cheap dvd player and wohoo that plays most region 1s now. i got the wuzzles on dvd - bought off ebay its a copy with only 12ish episodes i think thats the lot. i sooooo want muppet babies ohhhh bring it out PLEASE!!!!

lanua - flight of dragons is on youtube - LOVE that film xxx
WANTED:- Matchbox Carousel Horses, Tonka Keypers and Disney Wuzzles!

Offline mouse

« Reply #16 on: Saturday 04 September 2010, 04:00 pm »
its frustrating in the uk cuz you can get most stuff off the net but its usually region 1 and uk is region 2. bought a cheap dvd player and wohoo that plays most region 1s now. i got the wuzzles on dvd - bought off ebay its a copy with only 12ish episodes i think thats the lot. i sooooo want muppet babies ohhhh bring it out PLEASE!!!!

lanua - flight of dragons is on youtube - LOVE that film xxx

I'm in Australia and we're region 4 but we have DVD's from all regions because we bought a multi-region DVD player, so when your current DVD player carks it, make sure the next one you get is multi region too or you'll be left with a bunch of DVD's you can't play! The multi-region DVD players are really good though because you can save a lot of money by buying DVD's from other regions, and some are only available in certain countries.

Offline KrystalTips

« Reply #17 on: Saturday 04 September 2010, 04:59 pm »

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #18 on: Saturday 04 September 2010, 11:03 pm »
this sounds incredibly annoying  for dvd players i do not know if we can get multi region ones in the US at least my record player can play all records regardless. still i wish more stuff for shows were on dvd i have so many i miss that you cant even see on the net.

Offline pikapal

« Reply #19 on: Sunday 05 September 2010, 04:21 am »
I've been  thinking about getting a region 2 player. There are some Winx Club fans in North America who buy the European DVDs. Especially since the movie was only released on region 2 DVDs.

Offline mouse

« Reply #20 on: Sunday 05 September 2010, 05:23 am »
Yeah you should be able to buy all region DVD players in the US - the US isn't known for not having access to technology! Our DVD wasn't that expensive, we bought it and didn't even know you could play all different DVD's on it. Look in your guide and it might have an option to change it to multi-region. Ours was set to region 4 but then I changed it so we could play all DVD's.

Offline KrystalTips

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 08 September 2010, 12:23 am »
just found this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Muppet-Babies-80s-Cartoon-Series-10-PAL-VHS-Lot-/260659518226?pt=VHS&hash=item3cb0849b12

10 videos of the muppet babies - 20episodes in total.

great if you got the capability to copy from vhs to dvd xxx

I will always remember the snow white episode where miss piggy got annoyed as the other female (cant remember the name) got to kiss kermit lol xxx

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 08 September 2010, 05:38 am »
I got all the muppet babies episodes on dvd. works on dvd players that play DivX, which most do, unless its very old.

Offline KrystalTips

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 08 September 2010, 10:50 am »
omg you should so run off copies and sell them seriously! i would have one off you 100% xxx

Offline Ianua

« Reply #24 on: Sunday 12 September 2010, 01:55 pm »
she was skeeter x I have them all on DVD too x

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #25 on: Monday 13 September 2010, 05:57 pm »
I will see what I can do. I got other cool shows and older cool movies you might all remember as well.

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 14 September 2010, 07:27 pm »
Yeah you should be able to buy all region DVD players in the US - the US isn't known for not having access to technology! Our DVD wasn't that expensive, we bought it and didn't even know you could play all different DVD's on it. Look in your guide and it might have an option to change it to multi-region. Ours was set to region 4 but then I changed it so we could play all DVD's.

It's also pretty easy to get around the region code on most DVD players. Often times all you have to do is press 01 and it will bypass the region code and the menus and just starts the movie.

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 01:45 am »
I'm waiting for the last Jem season to come out.  They made the seasons 1 & 2 together and then released season 3 part 1 and never came out with part 2.  Rhino didn't act fast enough and lost the rights to continue it I guess.  The artwork them is not good inside.  I also wish they didn't make them thin cardboard, it just is too easy to ruin on accident.

Offline pikapal

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 28 September 2010, 03:19 am »
I just remembered the Heathcliff DVD set the 24 episodes were released and the movie, Shout Factory never released more DVDs. There are 41 episodes from season 1 and 24 more from season 2.

Offline jadedoz

« Reply #29 on: Thursday 28 October 2010, 10:14 am »
I have 3 multiregion dvd players in my house, because I have a large dvd collection that has a lot of region 1 and 2 dvds. I have been waiting for years and will continue to wait years for The Wonder Years to be released on dvd becuae the guy who did the music for the show wants massive royalties.

anything