Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: 1970's Doll that played records  (Read 22680 times)

Offline Mimi

Re: 1970's Doll that played records
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 22 December 2012, 04:24 pm »
I have also been looking for my 1972 Mimi doll.  She had platinum blonde long hair and you could play the records in her back.  I had 3 records for her.  BaBa Black Sheep, Mary Had a Little Lamb, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.  On the reverse of each record, she talked.  You had to press her belly button to activate the records.   I was living in Manitoba, Canada at the time.  All records were in English.  If anyone knows of where I can find such a doll, I would love to see it.

Offline TheMinorityof1990

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 02 January 2013, 11:44 am »
This thread is bringing back memories for me of different coloured plastic records of different colours, I think blue, red and yellow. They had grooves all around the outside and they fit in somewhere, maybe a doll, maybe not. I seem to remember them not being mine, so more likely not a doll.

Offline pearsonbargains

« Reply #17 on: Thursday 28 August 2014, 05:31 pm »

Offline pearsonbargains

« Reply #18 on: Friday 29 August 2014, 11:04 am »

Offline sharyn7hutch

« Reply #19 on: Saturday 03 February 2018, 05:01 pm »
Hi.....in Christmas 1979 I got an Everin (Everyn?) Doll in a yellow dress with red trimming on the bodice.   She also came in a green dress.   She had brown curly hair and blue eyes.  She had the little record in her back and you pressed her tummy button to make her speak.   On one side of the record she sang songs such as little bo peep and she spoke phrases on the other side of the record.    Maybe this was the doll?

anything
anything