Little Pretty :: Polished Paws / Magical Colours
"These sweet colourful kitties and puppies are just made for little girls to love. Just right to cuddle and pamper, Little Pretty kitties and puppies make the world a nicer place to be."
produced by Mattel from 1989-91. They were a
series of kitties and puppies with plastic bodies
and long brushable hair. Each one also had a
different symbol (like My Little Pony). There
was also a few playsets produced.
Little Pretty kittens were made using the same mould as Lady Lovely Locks pets Sparkle Pretty, of which there were six produced. The obvious difference between them is that Sparkle Pretty pets did not have symbols.
Images on this page thanks to Lara & Jana and nhtpirate!
Polished Paws / Magical Colours [UK]
"Loveable pets with colour change paws and beauty marks. All it takes is water!"
There were six characters produced in the Polished Paws series, four kittens and two puppies. They each had symbols which vanished in warm water, returning in cold. They also had painted nails which worked in the same way. They each came with a neck frill, ribbon and comb.
- Bow - white with lavender hair; dark pink bow symbol
- Catra - pink with white hair; cat face symbol
- Happy Feet - pink with purple hair; two blue paw-prints symbol
- Peekablue - pale blue with light pink hair; pink sun symbol
- Dixie - purple with light pink hair; purple music note symbol
- Pinkheart - pale blue with white hair; pink heart symbol