Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Mer-Wees  (Read 38012 times)

Offline BattySparkles

Re: Mer-Wees
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 20 April 2010, 05:51 am »
It's ok. I THINK I remember it doing that.. I'm not sure though.. and it makes sense.

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 20 April 2010, 05:59 am »
For some reason, every time I see that this thread has been updated I always think that someone's hit a goldmine and found every single playset, Merwee, and accessory in a big bag at a thrift store somewhere, or that they magically discovered their childhood collection hidden away in some corner of the basement and have just posted excitedly about it. I always brace myself for the barrage of awesome pictures and get ready to squee, but alas.  :(

Also, every time I go to my local thrift stores now I think, "Today's the day. Today I'm going to find that bag with all the Merwees."  ;D I haven't yet, but I totally will. And I'll post all the pictures and we'll be able to ID every set! Ahaha. One day.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)
-Lady Lovely Locks Seek & Peek board game
-Used/nude Fashionista Ken

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #17 on: Thursday 29 April 2010, 09:26 am »
heyhey! Icey found this! Sadly, none of us can bid unless someone lives in New Zealand.. but at least we can see the pictures. ^-^
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49389972@N04/4562119553/
« Last Edit: Thursday 29 April 2010, 10:45 am by BattySparkles »

Offline zap18

« Reply #18 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 03:20 am »
That is one ugly octopus :P  It looks like a purple baby head with tentacles and long hair.  Not a winning combination...

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #19 on: Friday 30 April 2010, 03:32 am »
I still don't really get the appeal of them at all, haha. :-D

*hides*
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #20 on: Saturday 01 May 2010, 05:51 am »
I have some questions about the little sea creatures/brushes that they came with. In the wedding playset, did the groom count as the extra sea creature? And does anyone remember if the octopus came with that cafe playset in the picture? It's just that I don't remember them at all. And I think one of mine might have been the wedding playset, so if it didn't come with an extra sea creature and that might explain why I don't really remember them! But I do think I had the cafe so I would like to know if the octopus was part of it.
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #21 on: Saturday 01 May 2010, 05:59 am »
I'm actually thinking the animals were not brushes now.. (?) Good question.. I don't remember the wedding one having an animal, but there seems to be a lot I don't remember. Hopefully the picture will show once I get my boxed one! I don't know about the cafe one. I was thinking maybe there was a cafe, as well as a restaurant one, maybe? Because if there was then maybe the two are getting confused.
and zuse, I'll let you know why I find them so appealing.. just not now. I'm too tired to type it up and think it all through and word it perfectly. I've actually been thinking about it for a few days.. XD

Offline zap18

« Reply #22 on: Saturday 01 May 2010, 06:02 am »
I'm actually thinking the animals were not brushes now.. (?) Good question.. I don't remember the wedding one having an animal, but there seems to be a lot I don't remember. Hopefully the picture will show once I get my boxed one! I don't know about the cafe one. I was thinking maybe there was a cafe, as well as a restaurant one, maybe? Because if there was then maybe the two are getting confused.
and zuse, I'll let you know why I find them so appealing.. just not now. I'm too tired to type it up and think it all through and word it perfectly. I've actually been thinking about it for a few days.. XD

You got a thing for tentacle-y baby heads with glamorous brushable hair, and those mermaid thingies that come with them.  I see it.  We're cool.  :P

Offline zuse

• Zuse's Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 01 May 2010, 06:04 am »
Haha. I imagine it's more like "Like Kidgetts + Likes Mermaids = LOVE."

:D
Check out my Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Guide!

Hey, check out Bing Rewards. I've earned several $5 Amazon gift cards using it. :)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #24 on: Saturday 01 May 2010, 06:11 am »
Of course I have a thing for ugly baby-faced tentacle monsters, as long as they've got long glamorous, brushable hair! XD

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #25 on: Saturday 01 May 2010, 03:20 pm »
I'm guessing that I don't remember the animals because they were strange-looking and I just wanted to play with the pretty little mermaids.  :D Must find merwees! Must play with them in bathtub..!

When is the boxed one coming, Batty?
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #26 on: Sunday 02 May 2010, 12:04 am »
I don't know when I'll have it. The tracking number only tells me that USPS was notified electronically by the seller to expect the package for mailing. So maybe that means it hasn't even been shipped yet.. or it just hasn't been getting tracked? Iunno..

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 04 May 2010, 10:42 am »
I got my boxed Merwee today! Hooray!!

Anyone think the last two images are big enough/good enough quality for Merwees to get their own page on Ghost of the Doll?
I thought it would be good to keep the images at this size so people can see them up close, but I can re-size them if they are too big.
As always, there are more pictures at my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/battycollector/sets/72157623669143952/
« Last Edit: Thursday 01 September 2011, 04:15 pm by Ghost Of The Doll »

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 05:20 am »
Alright! I'm finally going to buckle down and explain why I love Merwees so much! I'm sorry if it gets lengthy and boring!
Because I love mermaids (duh) although, with Merwees I must admit that when I was younger I was definitely turned off by the fact that their "fins" still look like feet when they are in mer-form.
Aside from the fact that they are mermaids I think their body/head size is really cute and  up close their faces are really pretty.
One of the main reasons why I love them so much is because of the world that they represent. I've always had a weird love for worlds that live on/in water or situations where things that wouldn't normally be in/near water are placed there. Examples: I love when the Titanic is sinking in the movie and part of the ship is underwater. Wouldn't it be so much fun to walk down the stairs and halfway down you are in water? Or in Home Alone when the basement is flooded. FUN! Merwees live in a world where that is the ordinary and that is a huge reason why I love them so much!
Done! That is why they are so appealing to me! :D

Offline EricaVee

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 05 May 2010, 05:37 am »
Wish List!
-Any Merwees (CAP Toys)

anything
anything