Magic Merbabies :: Floral
"Create fun colours in you bath!"
Magic Merbabies were produced by Hasbro/Vivid Imaginations around 2001-04 (In Italy they were produced by Gigi). They were a series of small dolls with mermaid clothing and colourful hair, made for play in water. Each doll came with a packet of "Fizzy Tints" (also called "Bath Tints"), for colouring bath water. There were also a few playsets produced.
They were sold in parts of Europe under varying names:
- France: Mes Jolies Petites Sirènes (My Pretty Little Mermaid)
- Italy: Magiche Piccole Sirene (Magical Little Mermaid)
- Germany: Zauberhafte Badenixen (Magical Mermaids)
There were six Floral Merbabies produced. Each doll had a floral name and came with two Mer-Pets each, a packet of Fizzy Tints and a brush too. The Mer-pets were smaller than the original ones and didn't have names. The moulds were also repeated although the colours changed. The packaging image below shows their Italian names.
- Bluebelle (Italian - Margheritina) c/w mer-poodle (yellow w/pink) and mer-cat (orange w/blue)
- Lavender (Italian - Lavanda) c/w mer-poodle (pink w/green) and mer-bunny (green w/purple)
- Pansy (Italian - Violetta) c/w mer-poodle (orange w/yellow) and mer-bunny (blue w/green)
- Poppy (Italian - Papaverina) c/w mer-poodle (yellow w/pink) and mer-cat (orange w/blue)
- Primrose (Italian - Primulina) c/w mer-bunny (teal w/pink) and mer-cat (yellow w/pink) - her tail is different from the promotional picture above
- Rose (Italian - Rosetta) c/w mer-bunny (yellow w/blue) and mer-cat (pink w/blue)