Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Share your thrift store finds!  (Read 102148 times)

Offline EdenEye

Re: Share your thrift store finds!
« Reply #75 on: Thursday 05 August 2010, 06:48 am »
I found some Barbie Bazaar magazines...they are pretty neat.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #76 on: Tuesday 10 August 2010, 11:55 pm »
i am happy i found a build a bear unicorn plush in a free pile it is the white one with a pink mane. no clothes although maybie i can keep an eye out for some!  :D

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #77 on: Sunday 15 August 2010, 09:57 pm »
I was at a antiques mall and found a Snugglebumms mini  for Warmly for a dollar and fifty cents. I will post pictures latter , I also found a little yellow man no idea what it is and three grand champion horses for five dollars a family set no accessories . The local church is having a huge lawn sale Wednesday this week.  I will post all my finds then. The best find I passed up was a sweetie pup mint in the box they wanted ten dollars for it but I do not collect them I should have picked it up !
« Last Edit: Sunday 15 August 2010, 10:24 pm by Rider of the storm »

« Reply #78 on: Wednesday 18 August 2010, 10:58 pm »
I went to a yard sale at a church got a voltron slot car set for three dollars, two fashon star filies but both have hair cuts I should have left them, I got a cabbage patch kids Koosas plush , and six mega man toys .

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #79 on: Friday 20 August 2010, 12:43 pm »
Well I don't go thrifting as much as I'd like to, but here are some things I found recently

First thrift store:
Caboodle- I was ecstatic when I spotted this thing! I'm in love with clear plastic with glitter in it. This reminds me of an old Lady Lovely Locks lunch box I once had. Plus, I really needed somewhere to put my ever growing glitter eyeliner and fingernail polish collection.
Strawberry Shortcake jar- Not something too special, but I'm not one to pass up a vintage SSC item.

Second thrift store:
Dic Wizard of Oz cartoon series VHS- coincidentally I had recently re-discovered this cartoon and was planning on finding the episodes. Can't wait to get the rest of the series.
Sky Dancers DVD- another coincidental find since recently I had been trying to find this series as well.
Princess Toadstool pin- So cute! I love vintage Princess Toadstool (Her name is NOT! freakin Peach! Ugh) items. According to the internet it's rare.
And here's a closeup of the Princess Toadstool pin

Offline catlover51

« Reply #80 on: Saturday 21 August 2010, 04:24 am »
Oh, I always thought Peach was the first name and Toadstool was the last? Well learn something new....

Offline BattySparkles

« Reply #81 on: Saturday 21 August 2010, 10:34 am »
Oh, I always thought Peach was the first name and Toadstool was the last? Well learn something new....
Actually I just learned that in Japan her name was originally P?chi-hime (Princess Peach) but she was introduced to me as Princess Toadstool so I've always preferred that.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #82 on: Sunday 22 August 2010, 03:49 am »
nice finds lately at the antiques mall i have seen vintage kenner care bear plush but all are in poor shape and they are asking to much for them.

Offline MissAliRae

« Reply #83 on: Sunday 29 August 2010, 10:54 pm »
Got a vintage kenner care bear and a mini vintage kenner care bear. For 79 cents and 49 cents respectively. Both in pretty good condition.

Got a large Fur Real cat in a bag of stuffed animals for $3. (I picked out the animals, haha) so I probably paid 25 cents for her, when I know she retails for about $80.
In the previous mentioned grab bag I also got a vintage Pound Puppy and Purry, a Copper plush (from Fox and the Hound), a baby Furby and the purple cat in the Purr-tenders line. A couple other miscellaneous plush as well, but those are the ones worth mentioning. :)

« Reply #84 on: Monday 30 August 2010, 02:16 am »
Cool finds I am going to try to get to an antiques mall on vacation latter this week I got two battle cats at one for 6 dollars a bit much but I love them. The accessories are  missing but oh well.

Offline Fairy Dust

« Reply #85 on: Monday 20 September 2010, 05:38 am »
I just found a MLP baby sea horse floaty for $.05.  I needed that for my poor sea ponies that lay on their sides hehe.

A few weeks ago I found many LLL outfits and pixietails.  Probably there was about 5 outfits/fashions and 10 pixietails for $2.00 for each outfit (each outfit came with some pixietails).  I also found silky pup too and I've washed her up and she is silky again.  She was looking like she might not work out since all her hair on her back was a wadded mess.

(Hi! I'm new here.)

-Jamie

Offline EdenEye

« Reply #86 on: Monday 20 September 2010, 05:42 am »
Hi Fairy Dust! Welcome to the board!!!

Offline AngelBear

• 80's Toy Ark
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday 22 September 2010, 05:13 am »
Those are awesome finds guys! I am jealous of the LLL outfits! I had a great day at the thrift stores: http://the80stoyark.blogspot.com/

Offline Cherry Chip

« Reply #88 on: Monday 07 March 2011, 07:22 am »
Someone should revive this thread and it shall be me hehe.  I like this thread a lot.  Y'all have found so many good things.  I had a Super Magic Diary too.  They are cool.  My sister had one too.  My brother locked himself in my room when he was 2 or so, got out my nail polish and painted the top of it.  I was so mad lol.  

You could always also pretend you're simply shopping for your ebay business or whatever in your head if you're embarrassed lol.  Which for a lot of you, is somewhat true.  I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of, but I get embarrassed sometimes too but I think it's more I don't like people looking at me when I shop in general.

Okay well I just started getting into thrift shopping so here are my finds so far:  A ton of Mcdonalds mlp's, 3 G3's, a popcorn prettie doll (flea market), Party Popple (thrift), Baywatch Barbie w/ dolphin unused (the box was gone but she and the dolphin were still attached to the back of the box), Breyer Horse Hope I think her name is for $2 at a flea market, Vintage Birthday Care Bear cake pan @ flea market, The Hobbit LOTR record (thrift), '94 mcdonald cabbage patch doll MIB (thrift), Cabbage Patch pony fakie (purple) (thrift), Wendy Doll (flea market), Toy Story Slinky Dog (thrift).  Slinky is a bit messed up but good enough, Gloe Bear (I love those things), bigger version of beanie baby Mystic (thrift).  I don't remember the prices of everything but I got everything for good prices.

Things I've seen but didn't buy:  A bunch of Neopets plushies, Webkinz, Webkinz pen case, literally a ton of bins full of mcdonalds toys at this one flea market mostly all MIB, tons of older barbies in good condition but none I wanted, Whole set of Hunchback of Notre Dame dolls (like barbies), two Barbie houses 2.99 each at a thrift shop, Vintage Wonder Horse (it's a rocking horse) 14.99, CP pony fakie in white, vintage smurf plush, vintage pizza hut puppet muppets toys, a ton of other vintage cake pans including Cabbage Patch, Lots of Mcdonalds glasses, Care Bears Case (it was overpriced imo), vintage Mickey flash light that changes colors, vintage Mickey backpack, Baby All Gone (her hair was in poor condition though).  Um yeah, I can't think of anything else! I'll be sure to share more in the future :)

Edit:  Apparently that G3 pony I got on Saturday for 50 cents is worth 20-25 dollars since she's pretty rare.  It's Royal Beauty #2 with the Frog Prince symbol.  I thought that was pretty cool.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 08 March 2011, 06:01 am by Cherry Chip »

Offline EmBee

« Reply #89 on: Monday 07 March 2011, 03:43 pm »
Wow you found a lot of stuff Cherry Chip!   :o  I have a problem with my thrift store being overpriced too.  For example if they have a pair of nice shoes in good condition they ask for up to $12.98.  FOR USED SHOES!!!

I had Baywatch Barbie when I was young.  Anyway, nice finds!

-Em
;)

anything
anything