Powder Monki ~ Retro Badges & Magnets

Author Topic: Share your thrift store finds!  (Read 102152 times)

Offline Cherry Chip

Re: Share your thrift store finds!
« Reply #90 on: Monday 07 March 2011, 09:24 pm »
Wow you found a lot of stuff Cherry Chip!   :o  I have a problem with my thrift store being overpriced too.  For example if they have a pair of nice shoes in good condition they ask for up to $12.98.  FOR USED SHOES!!!

I had Baywatch Barbie when I was young.  Anyway, nice finds!

-Em

Thanks :) I actually didn't have Baywatch Barbie when I was young but I love dolphins and the look of the older barbie dolls so she was a good find.

Omg, that is ridiculous!  Nobody's gonna buy those lol.  Some people really don't know how to price things properly.

Offline Rider of the storm

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday 09 March 2011, 01:31 am »
It is the same here as well I have noticed that a lot of used clothes are at least five -10 dollars or more at the good will store here.

Offline MissAliRae

« Reply #92 on: Sunday 13 March 2011, 01:57 am »
Finally got my camera back so I can start taking pics of my thrifting finds! :)

Here's most of the stuff I got the week I was visiting my parents. So from 3/5 to 3/10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twicexloved/sets/72157626127851173/with/5521421886/

Offline MissAliRae

« Reply #93 on: Tuesday 19 April 2011, 07:20 pm »
>> no one has posted in here since, me, i can't be on the only one who occasionally finds stuff at thrifties!

Haha in addition to a LOT of other plushies I found:
vintage pound purry
vintage large pound puppy (14" maybe?)
kitty kitty kitten
and a PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY (both have the their tush tags removed, you can still see part of the puppies, buth both have their collar-for cat, and neck bandana - for dog!) the kitten is pretty dirty but im hoping to clean her up

I ALSO FOUND: A mommy puppy surprise with 3 babies inside! for 25 cents! It is like my grail find, I LOVE Puppy surprise :) SO I was super excited.

Like I said, a bunch of other plushies too, but they're not necessarily collector things so I won't post them here. :)

Offline Ginarian

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday 20 April 2011, 08:54 am »
Since I collect plush, I often fill my buggy or cart with tons of stuffed toys.  I have had the cashier on more than one occasion at more than one thrift store say something like "oh, how many kids do you have?"  Sometimes I play along and say something crazy like 15 haha (I'm 28 years old and have no kids).  I think it's also funny when I say "none.... why?" and look at them puzzled as to why they would think that.  My thrift stores sometimes have some great finds.  I bought a bag of plush that had old and new Care Bears, some World Wildlife dolls from Wendy's from the 1980's (I remember having them as a child).... and, I also got a Steiff Penguin- it's newer, but appears to be worth at least 20 bucks.  Debating about keeping him or selling him.  I often get good stuff- I especially love Disney plush, and my greatest Disney find was a large Dodger stuffed animal with the "necktie" and tags still intact for about 4 bucks!!!  Dolls are definitely harder to find, but I love my plush more than dolls, so I'm not complaining LOL.

Offline Freeindeed

• Good Boy Toys
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday 20 April 2011, 12:48 pm »
So jealous of all the good finds people are posting! :) I haven't found anything for a while, but then, I haven't really been going out to hunt all that much either...

Offline Snow_

« Reply #96 on: Monday 25 April 2011, 10:36 pm »

Offline MissAliRae

« Reply #97 on: Saturday 30 April 2011, 09:01 pm »
So much stuff..lol. I have a problem.

A bag of g3 mlp for 2.50 (probably like 10 or so in there)
A large Pumbaa Plush
A Pumbaa plush that farts..lol

and A KITTY SURPRISE with 3 BABIES INSIDE! Ahh. haha Idk how I keep finding these guys, but I hope the trend keeps up.

A whole bunch of other things as well, but there's really too many to mention.

Offline jazzmatazz

« Reply #98 on: Sunday 01 May 2011, 04:04 pm »
Since I collect plush, I often fill my buggy or cart with tons of stuffed toys.  I have had the cashier on more than one occasion at more than one thrift store say something like "oh, how many kids do you have?"  Sometimes I play along and say something crazy like 15 haha (I'm 28 years old and have no kids).  I think it's also funny when I say "none.... why?" and look at them puzzled as to why they would think that.  My thrift stores sometimes have some great finds.  I bought a bag of plush that had old and new Care Bears, some World Wildlife dolls from Wendy's from the 1980's (I remember having them as a child).... and, I also got a Steiff Penguin- it's newer, but appears to be worth at least 20 bucks.  Debating about keeping him or selling him.  I often get good stuff- I especially love Disney plush, and my greatest Disney find was a large Dodger stuffed animal with the "necktie" and tags still intact for about 4 bucks!!!  Dolls are definitely harder to find, but I love my plush more than dolls, so I'm not complaining LOL.

I love O&C!!!! Actually, I collect O&C merch. :) You are so lucky to find him with tags and red bandanna! I found my guy thrifting in decent condition and no bandanna.

« Reply #99 on: Tuesday 17 May 2011, 10:53 pm »
Hi every one I got a kitty kitty kitten today at the salvation army for 35 cents ! it is one of the fancy kittens part of her fur will have to be cut of because some of it has a small burn mark on it.  She is going up for sale once I clean her up if you know her name or want to buy her Pm me .  All I know it is a white Persian kitten .  ;D

I also got a royal boy uni neo pets plush as well the down side is that it was in a bag with a beanie baby for an angel bear and I had to buy both of them.

On the down side I passed on a glow worm bag or carrying case the tag said _ _ Inc but no date I have no idea if it was real or fake . I  will post photos later of it and the monster o

I also passed on a the huge my pet monster plush from 1986 so it was an original one but I don't collect them maybe I should have gotten him oh well..
« Last Edit: Tuesday 17 May 2011, 11:34 pm by Rider of the storm »

Offline lisgraa

• meow TOYS
« Reply #100 on: Thursday 26 May 2011, 02:23 pm »
I have bought a little collection of Little Pretty Kitties on ebay recently. From different sellers. I currently have three and one is on the way.

I also bought a Duchess Raven Waves doll. She too, is on the way. Plus I am currently bidding on more Little Pretties and 1 Lady Lovely Locks cat. (hope I get it)
"Sometimes I purr, sometime I Roar!"

My Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/64594261@N04/ (view my entire toy collection)

My ebay: http://shop.ebay.com/lisagraasten/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686 ~ NOW WITH PRE-1990 stuff too! ^-^

Offline JPP

« Reply #101 on: Thursday 26 May 2011, 07:57 pm »
I had a little luck yesterday at my junk store (literally I think the junk is what holds up the building). LOL

I got a fp happy meal princess with real rooted hair, some LPS playset stuff, A really old looking vinyl deer/mule, A cute little vinyl goat, A uber tiny vinyl  teddy bear (looks like he was a toy for a toy) and a vintage Theodore chipmunk plush with tag from burger king. Will probably post some pics to help id all the stuff.

« Reply #102 on: Saturday 28 May 2011, 08:24 pm »
Hi every one I am off to the flea market tomorrow if the weather is good if I find anything I will let every one know thanks.

Offline manateejaq

« Reply #103 on: Sunday 29 May 2011, 04:18 pm »
I went out thrifting yesterday and Friday. I didn't have much luck on Saturday (there was a sprite that had obviously been a dog toy... and a Gonga plush that had one really chewed up hand), but Friday was good! I picked up a vintage Friend Bear plush, a couple of vintage littlest pet shop animals, two really cute Holly Hobbie mugs, a treasure troll, a couple of old science text books from the 1950s & 1960s (they looked cool!), and some other toys. :)

I generally write about my thrift finds on my blog. ^^ This weekend's finds aren't up there yet, but I'll have pictures up by Monday. If you have a moment, please stop by!

http://manateetoybox.blogspot.com/

Offline invaderhorizongreen

« Reply #104 on: Monday 30 May 2011, 12:32 am »
well today i found the aqua frog with yellow spots for the year six gen one mlp, sadly the sea pony was missing but the float ring is in perfect shape.